Ch. 1: Ex-Boyfriend

2 years ago
October 8, 2018

"I'm sorry. I know we've been together for a long time now, and you still want us to be together, but I'm afraid we can't keep this relationship going any longer."

"W-what?" The unsuspecting woman whispers under her breath as she looks at the man standing infront of her disbelievingly. "Y-you can't be serious. Eunwoo, you're joking, right?"

The man just looks sadly at her, just standing there. The woman takes a step towards him, but something stops her from taking another step. Still, she refuses to believe what she had just been told.

"Why? Why can't we keep this relationship going anymore?" she asks him. A pleading look forms in her eyes as she looks at the man, her heart breaking into a million pieces.

"I'm afraid I can't tell you that," he tells her with a serious tone before smiling gently at her, "I'll always love you, Y/N."

With that he left. Tears forms in the woman's eyes as she watches him go, but she's still frozen in place. Once the man is out of her sight, however, she finally collapses and her tears fall from her eyes.

"Why did he leave all of a sudden? What went wrong? Where did it all go wrong? Was it me? What did I do? Why..."

...

Myungjun's POV
Present day
October 8, 2020

I look out the window of the bus and sigh as I look at the rain that doesn't seem to have any intention of ending.

Good thing I brought an umbrella today. For some reason, I just had a feeling I had to. It might come in handy in the end.

I look towards Y/N who's head is resting on my shoulder and smile. She's sleeping peacefully and I raise my hand to her face to tuck a strand of her hair, hanging infront of her face, behind her ear. Suddenly, I notice something coming out of her eye and my brows furrow when I realize what it is.

Is she crying?

"Y/N? Y/N, are you awake?"

I shake her gently, and after a while, she opens her eyes just as a tear rolls down her eyes and looks up at me.

"What's wrong?" she asks me in barely a mumble.

I look at her with concern for a moment, then raise my hand to her face again and wipe another tear from her eye. Her eyes widen and she quickly lifts her head from my shoulder as she wipes at her eye with her finger and looks at it. "You were crying," I tell her in a concerned tone, "care to tell me why?"

Her eyes go back to their original size, then she sighs and looks towards me. "I-" she hesitates for a moment, and I've decided not to prod her on.

"It's okay. You don't have to tell me," I tell her. I glance out the window again, then hear Y/N say something.

"It's raining."

I turn back to her to see her looking out the window. "It sure is."

"Good thing you brought an umbrella," she tells me as she looks at me with a bright smile, "Did you actually know that it would rain today?"

I chuckle and take her hand and place it on the handle of the umbrella I'm holding, then place my hand on hers. "Nope. Not at all," I tell her as I look at her with a bright smile, "I guess it was just my instincts telling me what I should do."

Y/N's smile brightens as she looks at me, and I smile back at her. She then returns her head to my shoulder, and flips her hand on the umbrella so our fingers would be intertwining. "We've known each other for... how long was it?"