Ch. 5: The Day Before

Myungjun's POV
October 14, 2018

I went back a day earlier?

My eyes are wide, and Hayoung must have noticed as she looks at me with worry.

"Eunwoo? Eunwoo, are you okay? What's wrong?"

As if pulled away from a trance, I snap back to reality and look at Hayoung to meet her eyes filled with worry and concern. "Yeah, don't worry. I'm fine."

She sighs with relief as she looks down, then she turns back to me, the worry in her eyes still not leaving. "Are you sure? You've been acting strange lately."

I blink as I look at her.

"I mean, it is good that you finally decided to leave your room, but..." Hayoung looks ahead, then shakes her head. "Never mind. You've always been the kind to space out often, so I guess I should stop worrying."

My brows furrow as I continue looking at Hayoung, then I remember the reason why I came out here. "Hayoung," I call out her name and she shifts her gaze towards me. "Have you ever seen a leather-bound journal in my room?"

A confused look forms in her eyes as she fully turns to me. "Hmm? No. Why? Did you have a journal that you lost?"

"Well, kinda... Actually, I don't really remember if it's mine. There's a name on it,but it isn't... mine." I hesitate while saying the last word because it feels like I'm lying, but since I'm in Eunwoo's body right now and turns out these girls don't know that someone who isn't Eunwoo is in his body, I'll just have to act along and pretend that I am him.

"What do you mean? What name?"

Once again, I hesitate as I look at Hayoung.

Should I tell her? I might actually gain something if I ask her, but what if it'll just cause confusion? I might not be able to escape if she asks me what's really going on.

"Eunwoo, what name was on it?" she asks me again.

"'MJ'," I blurt out, surprising myself and causing my eyes to widen and my hand to move up to my mouth to cover it. I look at Hayoung to see her brows furrow in confusion.

"'MJ'? That's strange. I can't think of anyone we know who could have that name," Hayoung says as she looks ahead again, her fingers placed below her lower lip as she thinks. "Maybe it's someone only you would know?" she asks me as she turns to me.

"I... don't think I would remember, either," I tell her, and her brows furrow once again.

"You 'wouldn't remember'? What do you mean by that? As far as I remember, you don't really know that much people, and you hardly ever forget anyone you've ever known."

My eyes widen. I was actually able to get something.

"Eunwoo, is your condition worsening? There can't be something wrong with your brain, too, is there?" Hayoung tilts her head to look at mine.

"I'm okay, Hayoung. There's nothing wrong with my brain," I tell her with a chuckle. "It's just... my mind's been getting pretty foggy recently."

"Well, it's a good thing you still remember Haeran and I," she tells me as she stands straight once again. "Though you still remember Y/N, and I don't even know if that’s a good thing or a bad thing."

A thought enters my head when she says that, and I turn towards her again. "Have you ever... met Y/N before?"

"Oh, so you don't remember that," Hayoung tells me. She sighs before answering my question. "No. I've never actually met her before, but you always talked about her whenever we spoke on the phone and I've seen those pictures you keep of you and her."