Ch. 9: Jealousy

October 15, 2018

The days passed, and I was getting closer and closer to Eunwoo's death. I'd be experiencing a death that isn't mine again for the third time, along with all the other heart attacks I had experienced in the past days. They still hurt a lot and I never get used to them no matter how many times I've experienced an attack, but I'm hoping it'll end soon. When I make things right on the day Eunwoo broke up with Y/N.

It's already night. 9:52. And I'm lying on the bed, waiting warily for the time I die again to come. Out of all the heart attacks I have experienced, this last one is always the one that hurts the most.

I still haven't decided on what I would do when that time comes. When I go back in time and I'll probably be in Seoul, still, but as Eunwoo. I don't really know whether I should let what happened happen or whether I should just let Y/N know. Seeing her heartbroken is the last thing I want, but either way, she would definitely be heartbroken. Should I try to ask her about it? Maybe I should. But I'll have to be very careful. She might get deeply affected if I ask her without thinking about it.

I glance towards the clock and see that it's already 9:59. The second hand is ticking, and I watch it as it slowly ticks away towards the end of the minute.

10... 9... 8... 7... 6... 5... 4... 3... 2...

I grunt as I feel that intense pain in my chest again, and I hiss as I try to keep quiet so as not to alarm the girls. Once again, my chest tightens. Once again, my heart seems to rip open. Once again, the pain intensifies to the point that I feel like I, myself, would die. But I'm dying. So it only makes sense that this specific heart attack would hurt this much.

There's no use trying to control my breathing. Eunwoo was meant to die at this time, on this day. I'll just have to endure the pain.

My hands grip tight onto the bedsheets as I shut my eyes tight, still trying not to make a sound as my chest continues to rip open. In the next second, I breathe in sharply one last time before I temporarily lose my senses. It's done.

In a few seconds, I'll be back in my own body, in my own time.

...

My eyes fly open and my whole body jerks when I wake up. I'm surprised when I don't find myself in my room, then I remember that I had gone back in time while I was still in Y/N's house. I woke up on her couch.

"You're awake," I hear someone say and I look up to see Y/N coming into the living room while holding two mugs in her hands. "You were asleep all throughout the night and I couldn't wake you up," she tells me with a light smile. "You literally slept like a rock." A chuckle escapes her as she reaches me and sets down the mugs on the coffee table infront of the couch. She then sits down beside me and takes her own cup of coffee.

I'm still wearing a solemn look on my face as I look at my own cup, but I don't realize it until Y/N points it out.

"Myungjun? What's wrong?" she asks me, concern in her voice and I snap back to the real present as I turn to her, looking bewildered and confused.

"Huh? Oh, it's nothing," I tell her as I look back at the mug on the table for a second then turn back to her. "It's nothing. I'm fine," I tell her with a smile before I take my own cup and start drinking from it. As I take a sip out of it, however, I suddenly hiss in pain as I hold the mug back and feel my tongue burning.

Y/N quickly puts down her own mug and turns to me with a frantic look. "Are you hurt? Oh, I'm so sorry I didn't tell you that the coffee was hot!" she tells me.

"No, it's okay," I tell her as I bring my sleeve to my mouth, as if it would cool down the burn. "It doesn't hurt that much."

"I'll go get you some cool water," she tells me as she stands up, but I quickly take her hand, making her stop and turn to me. I'm not even looking at her, but I can sense that she's looking at me with a confused look.