Ch. 14: Consolation

A mixed expression of shock and disbelief forms on my face as I look at the words written on the journal.

"I'm afraid, yes."

And right at that moment, I feel a sudden sting in my chest. I let out a wince as I grasp my chest and lean forward, enduring the pain as my heart starts throbbing. I can almost feel the throbbing reach my head.

I quickly place my elbow on the desk to support myself while I try to steady my breathing despite the deep pain. I can feel myself being suffocated as if something heavy is on my chest.

Calm down. Just calm down. Don't panic or else it'll worsen.

Finally, my heartbeat slowly goes back to normal and the pain eventually fades away. I let out a sigh of relief as I place my other elbow onto the desk and rest my forehead on my arms.

"This isn't getting any better," I tell myself as I close my eyes and breathe in once again, the pain completely gone now. "I can never get used to those sudden attacks and they almost always happen at the wrong time."

Suddenly, the page of the journal underneath my arms starts glowing again and I lift my head and arms off of it to see what's being written:

"Help me."

"Please."

I just look at those words with no clear emotion.

Should I?

Slowly, I soon find myself bringing my hand to the pages of the journal, finally touching the edge and flipping the pages to a specific date: October 8, 2018. Three more times. That's how many times I'll have to time travel again and again before I finally reach that day. But once I do, what will I do?

"You do want to make her happy, don't you?"

I quickly raise my head when I suddenly hear a voice inside my head, one which is supposed to be my own at the moment. Eunwoo's.

"Please... Help me. I've seen you with my cousins and I saw how you took care of them despite not really knowing who they are... If you would do that for them... you would do much more for Y/N, wouldn't you?"

I look back at the journal, disbelief and confusion forming inside me as I just look at the pages, not really focusing on or reading anything.

"Why did you even get into a relationship with her in the first place?" I ask out loud as I suddenly feel my heart getting heavier, not because I'm having another attack, but because I'm starting to feel burdened. When I get no response, I shout angrily as I swing my arms across the desk, overthrowing everything on it, including the journal. "TELL ME! WHY DID YOU GET INTO A RELATIONSHIP WITH HER WHEN YOU KNEW YOU WERE ALSO GOING TO DIE?!" I shout, not knowing where to place my gaze and my blood starting to boil.

Suddenly, I hear rapid footsteps from outside the room before Hayoung quickly bursts in, looking wary. "Eunwoo, what's going on?!" she asks me, obviously very worried and I just turn to her with a surprised expression.

At this point, I suddenly realize that I'm standing, and when I realize that, I just collapse back onto the chair with the shocked expression remaining on my face as I turn away from Hayoung and prop my arms onto the desk, holding my head in between them. The next second, a loud and deep sob escapes me as I grasp my hair. Nothing's coming out of my eyes, but I'm still sobbing as I keep my gaze down on the desk, my grip on my hair getting tighter and tighter with every second passing.

I then feel a gentle hand being placed on my back and one on my arm before I realize that it's Hayoung. She starts to gently rub my back while talking in a way that makes it obvious that she doesn't really know what to say.