Ch. 16: If

October 14, 2020

I'm running out of time. I need to decide how I should do things now. But I keep having doubts.

What if it doesn't work out like how Eunwoo expects it to? What if it all happens too fast that I can't do anything about it? So am I just supposed to just change everything without telling anyone the truth? Should I tell Y/N about Eunwoo's condition? Should I tell Haeran and Hayoung about my time-travelling? Am I supposed to just keep everything a secret?

These thoughts are driving me crazy and I just keep pacing back and forth in my own dining room while having my morning coffee. And then one specific thought makes me stop in my tracks as I think about it.

What's gonna happen to me after everything is over then? Would I still remember... everything?

I let my shoulders drop before I take a sip from my coffee and walk towards the dining table to place my mug on it.

But it would be really cruel if I still remember Y/N after I had lost her, right?

That bothered feeling still won't leave me and neither does the thought, until I hear my doorbell going off.

I turn to my door with a curious yet alert expression, then I go towards it just as I hear a knock on the door followed by a familiar voice.

"Myungjun? Are you still asleep?"

My face instantly lights up when I recognize Y/N's voice, and I open the door to see her become surprised by the door suddenly opening before she looks up at me.

"At least reply before you open the door," she tells me as she hits me playfully. "You scared me."

I chuckle at her reaction, then I step aside to let her in. "Come in. Have you had breakfast yet?"

"No," she says as she steps inside and I close the door once she's inside.

"Do you wanna have breakfast here then or would you like to go out and have breakfast somewhere else?" I ask her and she turns to me with a small smile before revealing the lunch packs behind her.

"How about we make our own breakfast together?"

I blink my eyes several times as I look at her. Well, this wasn't really something I was expecting. Nevertheless, I smile at her suggestion then nod.

"Sure, let's."

...

October 14, 2018

"It's getting closer and closer. Are you sure this is what I have to do?" I write down on the journal with my btiws furrowed in wariness.

Tomorrow, I'll be going back to my own time again, and the day I go back to might just be my last day with Y/N. Am I actually willing to let her go?

The journal then starts glowing, pulling my attention back to it.

"Yes. I'm sure. And from then on, I'd like to be the one to take care of things," the words on the journal say.

I feel hopelessness forming inside me again as I look at those words.

So I can't even spend just a few last days with her as Eunwoo?

I scramble to write on the journal.

"Wait, can't you just give me at least one day to be with her as you? What if I lose her after all this?"

I move back, dropping my pen beside the journal as I wait for a response. Any response. But nothing happens. The journal doesn't even move at all or anything. Nothing. And I feel my hopelessness slowly turning into grief.