Ch. 2: Back In Time

2 years ago
October 17, 2018

The woman looks at the scene before her, a blank expression on her face. It's been 9 days since her ex-boyfriend had broken up with her and she hasn't seen him ever since.

"What had happened to him? Did he really just want to disappear from my life after all we've been through? So I can't even see him anymore? Why?"

Several more questions fill the woman's head and her heart continues to break even more with every question she just can't answer.

Seconds later, she finds herself so immersed in her own thoughts, she doesn't even notice that it had started to rain. It wasn't a strong rain, though, but with how long she's been sitting there under the rain with no shade, her hair and clothes have already become drenched. Sooner or later, she might eventually catch a cold or even worse.

However, she doesn't stop asking herself questions even after she's noticed that the park had become empty and it's because of the rain. It doesn't matter now. Her clothes are already drenched so it wouldn't make much of a difference if she went and looked for shelter or not.

"Excuse me."

The woman's blank expression changes into one of surprise as she looks up and sees a man who seems just slightly older than her. He's holding an umbrella, and he's holding it above her as well. The man then clears his throat.

"Sorry, I couldn't help but notice you sitting alone in the rain without an umbrella," the man tells her, gesturing to the umbrella.

Meanwhile, the woman just stares at him. Something about him felt strange. He gave off a sort of warmth that seemed to get to her even while she was drenched because of the rain.

The man smiles gently at her. "Are you okay?"

The woman's eyes widen, then she suddenly realizes just how much she misses having someone who actually cared. Tears form in her eyes and she places her hand over her mouth as a sob escapes her. She shakes her head as she looks down, not even caring about what the man that had just arrived might think of her, as more sobs escape her and her tears flow down her face. She continues to shake her head "no" as the man looks at her with pity in his eyes, holding the umbrella over the both of them.

...

Myungjun's POV
Date yet unknown

"You're dying!"

The girl's words seem to echo in my head and I freeze as my eyes widen and I step back. I was hoping that she was joking, but as I look at her teary eyes, I realize that she's actually serious.

"W-what do you mean?" I ask in barely a whisper.

"Haeran, what's going on?" I suddenly hear a much more mature female voice call out followed by a woman just slightly older than the girl walking up the steps, making me realize that we're on the second floor. Her eyes widen when she sees me. "Eunwoo, you're actually stepping out of your room for once?"

"He says he wants to go back to Seoul," the girl, who I assume to be called Haeran, tells the woman with a shaking voice, and the woman looks at her as she speaks before turning back to me with a look of disbelief.

"Eunwoo..."

"I think he's forgotten everything as well," Haeran tells her and the woman's eyes widen once again as she looks at me.

"Eunwoo... do you remember what happened a week ago and why you came here?" she asks me carefully, as if anything she would say would set me off.

I look at her for a moment, wondering if I should just tell her the truth, then shake my head. "No," I tell her honestly, "I really don't remember anything."