Story 8: Through the Wormhole (Mere Second Draft)

Song: "E.T." - Katy Perry (featuring Kanye West)

Genre (s): Science Fiction/Adventure

Written When? 10th Grade

        It wasn't long until PPMC unwrapped her arms from Dan and asked, "Huh?"

Dan asked the same thing.

PPMC's hands sauntered over to her windshield. She peered outside and gasped. "No way."

"PPMC," Dan said from his seat, "don't tell me we did it. Don't tell me we made it to the Jurassic Period."

"We did," PPMC said in a cheerful voice.

Gasping, Dan said, "No way! But how?"

PPMC turned to him and said, "The time machine must've fixed itself while I was getting the gauntlet off you. No need for words, Dan. This is definitely the Mesozoic Era."

"How can you be sure?" Dan asked.

"Listen," PPMC said. She pointed her left index finger up to her ceiling. "Listen carefully."

Dan did. He gasped when from outside, he heard the screech of a pterosaur.

An enormous, dark shadow soared over PPMC and headed towards one of the many forests that hid in the ancient valley.

Dan was amazed. He couldn't believe they actually did it. It was inconceivable. He said, "Pinch me, I must be dreaming," and gestured at PPMC. "PPMC, quick! Unstrap me! Unstrap me right now!"

"As you wish, Master," PPMC said. Her hands approached the young man, and she carefully removed the straps.

Once unstrapped, Dan jumped to his feet and asked, "PPMC, what does it look like out there? Are any sauropods in sight? Maybe an Apatosaurus or two? What about an Allosaurus?"

Knowing he was curious, PPMC sighed and grabbed his arm, helping him over to her windshield.

They peered outside to the valley.

Dan's mouth gaped open. "Holy smokes," he said, "that does not look like a Carboniferous coal swamp to me."

"Because it's not, Dan," PPMC said. "It's a Jurassic valley. Welcome to the true Jurassic World."

"Wow," Dan said, blushing. "I-I'm speechless. This is too good to be true. Whoo-hoo!" Turning away from the windshield, he excitedly jumped up and down. "We're here, we're here! We've made it to the Mesozoic Era!"

PPMC said, "Ah, kids," and handed Dan the PPMC Gauntlet. Her hands went over to the time machine's screen.

After putting the gauntlet on his forearm, Dan cheered and started to jog up and down PPMC's cockpit, singing, "Time traveling's lots of fun! Dan's got himself on the run! Left, right, left, right! What's the matter, PPMC?" He stopped and jogged in place.

PPMC said, "Hold on." Her hands turned to the excited, young man. "I have a bad feeling."

"Bad feeling?" Dan asked. He stopped jogging, and his smile vanished. "What are you talking about, PPMC? We're in the Mesozoic Era. Huh?" Then he, too, got a bad feeling. Ten seconds ago, he was excited about finally making it to the Mesozoic Era, and now, he had a pit in his stomach. Brown eyes widening, young Dan said, "Wait a minute."