Story 23: Krenitor (Miraculous: Tales of Ladybug and Cat Noir Fanfic)

Genre (s): Fanfiction/Fantasy

Written When? Sophomore Year of College

Summary: Adrien breaks his arm when the supervillain, Krenitor, attacks him with a magic staff. At the same time, Marinette is dealing with a cold. Both conditions severely limit the two heroes' abilities. It looks like Hawk Moth may finally win. If Ladybug and Cat Noir are to take Krenitor down, they need to put their teamwork and friendship to the ultimate test.

        Gabriel Agreste was not happy with his son, Adrien Agreste. He had not shown up for school in the past few days, leaving his bodyguard very confused. He asked Nathalie to go up to Adrien's room in the Agreste mansion and bring him to him.

Adrien just returned home after a long day of being a superhero. Hawk Moth had stepped up his game, akumatizing one person after the other.

Cat Noir had not been able to rest because Ladybug was a bit out of sorts. He had to do most of the fighting, while she did the purifying of the akumas–magic butterflies Hawk Moth used to evilize the citizens of Paris.

Cat Noir, Adrien's superhero form, faded away when he entered his room from his window. He glowed up and transformed back into his civilian attire.

His kwami, Plagg, fell onto his bed and complained, "My poor legs! I can't do it anymore!"

"I agree," said Adrien, who collapsed onto the bed with him. "Is it just me, or has being a superhero become a lot tougher?"

"If only Ladybug wasn't out of sorts," said Plagg. He started to get up, but he quickly hid in Adrien's jacket when the door to his room opened.

"Nathalie!" Adrien shouted.

Sure enough, Nathalie stood in the doorway. "Your father wishes to talk with you," she told the teenager.

"He does?" Adrien felt a pinch of excitement inside him. His father never had time to talk to him. Jumping off his bed, he joined Nathalie, and she took him to the mansion's gallery. However, the talk he got from Gabriel was not what he expected.

***

"You have missed school for three days in a row!" Gabriel shouted at Adrien after Nathalie dropped him off. "Gorilla can't find you anywhere, nor can your fencing instructor! Care to tell me what's going on, son?"

Adrien gulped and started to fidget with his ring, or the Cat Miraculous. He refused to make eye contact with Gabriel. "I can't tell you, Father."

"Why not?"

"I just can't."

"You're not going to keep secrets from me!" Gabriel placed his hands behind his back and approached the most striking picture in the gallery–a painting of Adrien's mom. "Until you clean up your act, son, you're grounded. You're not going back to school until you tell me what's going on."

"What?" Adrien asked in a shocked voice. "You can't keep me locked up forever!"

"Watch me," Gabriel threatened. "Nathalie!" He snapped his fingers.

Instantly, Nathalie was at Adrien's side.

"See that Adrien gets back to his room, and keep him there," ordered Gabriel.

Nodding, Nathalie placed her hand on Adrien's shoulder. She started to lead him out of the gallery.

"Father, please!" Adrien begged, but Gabriel said nothing more.