Story 13 - Excerpt from Metamorphosis 2: The Curse of Poseidon

Song: "Medieval Ghost" - The Fiechters

Genre (s): Dark Fantasy/Adventure

Written When? 11th Grade

        Beyond Coutarine Island's reef, in the windy Atlantic Ocean, Tracey continued to sail for the Bermuda Triangle. Ronda's raft had gotten beat up by the weather, but Tracey refused to give up, even though he was dying from hunger and thirst.

Tracey finally just had to stop and dive into the ocean to search for food. He found a calmer section of it and dropped the sails of the raft. When he did, he opened the empty compartment that used to hold his food and water and dug out a spear buried in it.

Tracey didn't want his shirt and tank top to get wet, so he set the spear down and took them off. Tracey slipped off his boots, so he was barefoot, and grabbed hold of the spear. With it in hand, Merlin's young apprentice leaped off the raft and landed in the ocean. He searched it for fish. There was one. It was a good-sized fish, too. Tracey could taste it, already.

The setting sun's rays shone on his bare back, as he kicked his legs and swam towards the fish. Just before he could spear it, a splash exploded above it, and a huge beak scooped up the fish instead.

Frustrated, Tracey clenched his fist. Bubbles escaped his lips, as he accidentally cursed underwater. He hurried to the surface and poked his head out of the ocean. The teenager's eyes rolled over to Ronda's raft. "Ugh!" he yelled when he saw a pelican sitting on it, with the fish he saw, in its beak.

Tracey continued: "You darn pelican! I saw that fish first! No fair!" He waited for the pelican to swallow his prey right in front of him, but it didn't.

Instead, it tossed the fish into the compartment on the raft and called for Tracey.

He swam to the raft and climbed aboard. His eyes widened when he saw the empty compartment was now full of fish. "Whoa," Tracey spoke. He set down his spear and leaned in to see the fish better. "Tha-Thank you," he told the pelican.

The pelican nodded. It and Tracey waited for the fish to die, and then they chowed down.

Mm, Tracey forgot how good food tasted. Now he just needed to find water, and no way was he going to drink the ocean water. Groaning, he said, "I need water."

The pelican cautiously listened.

Tracey decided to try his fairy dust again. Now that he wasn't as hungry, maybe it came back? "Abracadabra!" Tracey shouted, but yet again, only smoke escaped his hands. He tried to stay calm, but it was difficult. "Abracadabra! Come on!" More smoke; nothing else. "I need water to survive!" Tracey yelled. "At least tell me where I can find some!"

Right when he said that, green and purple magic spat out of his hands with such immense force, he fell off the raft. A powerful wave smacked the side of it and flipped it upside-down.

While it flipped, the pelican flapped off it and landed on its upside-down deck.

Tracey soon came to the surface and groaned. He needed to stock up on fairy dust, but he refused to sail back to Coutarine Island. His first day on the high seas did not exactly go as planned. The ocean was still too rough for him to stay out there. That time around, Tracey decided to ask the ocean for help.

"Ocean, please," he begged. "I need water. Please point me in the direction where I can find some." He waited for a few minutes, but the ocean didn't respond. "Please," Tracey repeated.