Story 22 - The Legend of Zelda: The White Moon (Breath of the Wild Fanfic)

Song: "Hyrule Castle" - Hajime Waka

Genre (s): Fanfiction/Fantasy

Written When? Freshmen Year of College

Prologue

Onslaught

        The White Moon is the key. After 100 years, it's time for the Hero chosen by the "sword that seals the darkness" to wake it.

The Golden Lynel cannot let this happen. If it does, Ganon will never regain his true power. Link may have defeated him, but his spirit remains. It lives inside the Lynel. He's trapped between two worlds: Hyrule and Mokavich.

Since the beginning of the week, the gate's become impatient. Every time the Lynel does morning duty, it shakes, as if from fear, and whispers, "The Hero," constantly. This tells the Lynel that something is going to happen. The Hero is coming. He's after the White Moon itself. The only thing the Lynel can do is prepare.

***

"That's it, Tulin! Catch that updraft and draw your bowstring!" Teba, a Rito warrior yells at his son. He's training him at the Flight Range, which is at the base of Hyrule Kingdom's chilly Hebra Mountains. His white feathers ruffle, to keep him warm, but he is very proud.

Tulin, who looks just like him, draws back the bowstring of his Swallow Bow, and his arrow smashes the target right in the center.

Teba is standing on the Flight Range's landing pad. He excitedly clenches his finger-like, black feathers at his wingtips. "Perfect!"

"I did it, Dad!" Tulin shouts. He flaps his little wings and joins Teba on the landing pad. "Did you see it? It was a perfect bullseye!"

Teba ruffles the feathers on top of his son's head and says, "I am proud of you. With just a little more practice, you will no doubt reach Master Revali's archery level."

Revali is the name of the Rito Champion, who perished with the rest of the Champions during the Great Calamity. His spirit pilots Divine Beast Vah Medoh, a bird-like machine that watches over his, Teba, and Tulin's hometown of Rito Village.

Teba's words excite little Tulin even more. "Yay! Thank you, Dad!"

But then something happens. The ground under Tulin and Teba's feet suddenly shakes, and a huge rock from the mountain drops in on them.

Teba makes haste to grab his son and get them both to safety, before it breaks through the launching pad, and disappears into the pitch-black pit below the archery range.

"Daddy, what just happened?" asks Tulin, his voice now sounding more nervous than happy.

The snowstorm that usually engulfs the range picks up, as well as the wind. Something weird is happening with the weather.

Teba flaps his wings and hops into the sky, while Tulin watches from below. He climbs higher until he can get a good view of the North Summit, and his beak drops.

A silver cloud circles it like the clouds of Malice that once invaded Hyrule Castle. Not only that but it's shaped like a dragon. However, it's not one of Hyrule's three dragons: Farosh, Naydra, and Dinraal, but the birthplace of the White Moon.