New kind of nervous (panic attack)

Warnings: PANIC ATTACK (if this triggers you please do not read), fluff, very frantic Oikawa, I'm not  going to follow the genuine spring Prelims (thanks for the correction) plot so basically it's Aoba Seijoh vs Shiratorizawa as their first game.

This was a request from -KISSYLOUIS I hope this is what you were expecting.

Iwaizumi had noticed something off about his boyfriend the whole coach ride to the spring prelims. The boy kept quiet, his usual smugness had dissipated and his brunette eyes were hazed over as he monotonously gazed out the window.

Iwaizumi had known Oikawa long enough to be able to tell you the meaning behind the boys habits or he could tell you how Oikawa is feeling just by how he's acting. Now was one of those moments.

Iwaizumi knew just by a glance that his boyfriend was nervous but this was a new nervous for Iwaizumi. Usually Oikawa would spend the whole coach ride without a moment of silence, chewing Iwaizumi's ear off about what tactics they were going to use. This new sign of nervous made Iwaizumi nervous, he had to admit.

The Raven looked to his boyfriend for the 9th time now but no change in his demeanour was made.
Iwaizumi peaked his head into the isle so he could see if there was any signs indicating if they were close or not.

Tokyo metropolitan gymnasium
73 yards ahead.

Oikawa must've seen it too because he finally came alive and by alive, Iwaizumi means he gripped the armrest a little tighter.
The spiker was lost with his boyfriends actions, so to ground them both he used his left hand pick up Oikawa's hand by the wrist, he laid his right arm flat on the arm rest and slowly laid the brunette's arm on top of his. Once in line, Iwaizumi intertwined their fingers and gently caressed his boyfriend's hand. Oikawa didn't move but Iwaizumi felt a bit happier when he felt his boyfriend squeeze his hand, as if to say that he's okay.

Iwaizumi rested his head against the head rest as he himself began to worry as they grew closer. Their first game was against Shiratorizawa, which in his eyes was unfair, extremely unfair. They could be out in the first game, but it does mean a clean win if they do beat Shiratorizawa once and for all.

The coach coasted to a stop which caused the whole team to gulp. People started to make a move and leave the coach, their coach going first as always. Oikawa began to sweat but didn't want to show his panic so he hid it behind a stoic expression. He knew no one could see past that facade but his other half, who had dragged him up out of both his seat and stupor.

Oikawa didn't thank the driver as usual once he'd stepped of the coach, in fear of people hearing his panic. He unwillingly detached his hand from Iwaizumi's as Makki handed him his duffel bag. He swallowed thickly, hiking his heavy bag onto his shoulder not really helping his already weak knees.

The team quietly shuffled their way into the gymnasium, Oikawa slowly walked behind Iwaizumi, metaphorically hiding from the inevitable. Oikawa hung his head and scolded himself for feeling so anxious.

'Jesus Oikawa, pull yourself together you need confidence, they beat you last time but who's to say they'll beat you again. You've been training for this non stop, you've perfected your serves and your sets. Your unstoppable...but why do I feel so highly strung, my heart won't stop poun-'

Oikawa bumped into the back of his boyfriend, his head shot up, curious due to the holdup. Not that he minded. He met his boyfriend's eyes and smiled slightly, Iwaizumi always calmed him down.

The younger broke the connection by looking 'round his smaller boyfriend. His coach seemed to be signing them in, he looked around at the rest of his team and they all seemed to have lightened up a bit but not Oikawa.