Sing for me (fluff)

Warning: cuddles, comfort, confession.

It was a Sunday evening and the boys were sat in pyjamas on Iwaizumi's king sized bed, the silk carelessly caressing their bare legs.

The glow of the bedside lamp illuminating the room.

They were talking. Talking about Oikawa's many interests. Again.

But the topics changed every second as Oikawa became enthusiastic about something else, straying far from the original topic and Hajime had no choice but to follow him on this new path.

Iwaizumi had a noticeable smile on his face, watching Oikawa's expressions intently as the brunette cutely rambled on about something that wasn't being listened to and then Oikawa became aware of his rambling, the conversation trailing off.

It was silent.

Over the many topics, the boys had inched closer and closer to each other. From skin to skin contact to Oikawa full on sat on his best friend's lap.

Both boys blushed bright red, metaphorical steam almost rising from them.

Air thick as Tooru cleared his throat and tried to sheepishly pull himself from his long-term crush but the older tightened his arms around the taller's waist, faces not even centimetres away.

The two didn't say a word as they longingly stared into the other's eyes, drowning slowly, inch by inch until the raven spoke up.

"Sing for me." He whispered, lips brushing against Oikawa's. The said boy's stomach fluttered, like millions of butterfly wings caressing the smooth muscle.

He gulped lowly.

"I can't sing Hajime..." Oikawa smiled at the raven, who scoffed a bit too loud.

Hajime knew full well Oikawa could sing. He and the rest of the team would sit in a comfortable silence, in the locker room after practice, listening contently to their captain sing beautifully in the showers.

Nobody would say a word but lip-sing along to the few words they would know.

Most of the boys would exchange large smiles or joyful glances when the boy would sing pop songs but Hajime's favourites were the soft, almost lullaby ones and everyone knew that.

His head would always snap towards the direction of the showers, light humming coming from the raven too.

"Sing my favourite song...please." Iwaizumi pleaded, pulling them both down into a more comfortable position. Ignoring the heated expression on Oikawa's face as he slotted his leg between the other's.

"Y-you know I can't pitch that song, besides it's English!" Tooru pouted up at Hajime from his chest, causing the older to roll his eyes with a slight chuckle.

"Oikawa. You have the most beautiful voice I've ever heard, with every song, you make my chest tighten with excitement. Your singing is the highlight of my day." The boy grumbled in admittance, Oikawa's eyes widening.

He...He's never said anything like that before...

Tooru lifted himself higher so he was snug underneath the older's chin.

Inhaling an intake of air, ready to sing the sweet melody.

"Two little boys~" Oikawa started off, tracing his finger in shapes onto the smooth skin of Hajime's neck.

"Met each other on the play ground~"

"Just like the rest, didn't stick out from the crowd.~" Tooru pushed his head into the crook of Iwaizumi's neck. Not letting the thought of them being just friends get in the way of his comfort.

"But between themselves..." Oikawa paused, the oncoming lyrics reminding him of himself and Hajime.

Iwa-Chan sensed the tension radiating from the boy on his chest. He knew exactly what he was thinking. So he ran his fingers through the brunette locks and hummed the next line slowly.

Urging him to continue.

"They knew that they were different~" Oikawa continued, his breath stuttering a small bit, chapped lips gracing sensitive skin.

"But they pushed it d-down..." another stutter. "Cause nobody would even listen~" a single tear streamed from his eye.

Hajime kept up the humming, not saying a word as he wiped the tear away.

Oikawa had always struggled with his sexuality unlike Iwaizumi and that's why he was hesitant to sing the song.

It hit home.

The older sat up carefully with the boy, still humming softly as he tugged the folded blanket over them both. He decided it was time for bed as Oikawa's eyes began to droop unconsciously. Slowly, Hajime reached his arm out to turn the bedside lamp off, not wanting to disturb his boyfri- Oikawa.

Iwaizumi sighed as he wrapped his muscular arms around the taller's waist, leaning his cheek on the other's head.

The raven's humming never ceased as he stared blankly into the blinding darkness. He mindlessly casted his eyes to his crush's face, tracing his features with scouring eyes.

Iwaizumi pulled his hand away from the brunette's waist, slowly trailing it up his body in silent awe of the boy. His tanned hand reached Tooru's plush lips, gently tracing and pulling at the parted lips releasing cute trills.

With the stutter of his diaphragm at the captain's cuteness, Iwaizumi was pulled out of his trance.

Hajime let out a breathy chuckle, watching as his breath caressed stray hairs.

Cuddling the taller's sleeping frame closer to him, Iwazumi exhaled with contentment.

"I'll tell you how much I love you one day Oikawa. One day. I will never make you ashamed of who you are."