Kiss where it hurts (Little space)

IMPORTANT: Heyyyyyy guys! *nervous laughter* I am so sorry for making you wait this long for another oneshot, I honestly don't know what happened and my motivation for writing just dissipated. If you are still here and reading this stuff, then you guys should pat yourselves on the back and be awarded medals for commitment. I can't wait to get back into writing! ALSO HAPPY NEW YEAR! I hope it's good to you all :)

Warning: sadness, little angst, fluff, injury, swearing, baby speech.

Countless widened eyes watched as the ball was dumped over the net.

The volleyball fell at an agonizingly slow pace, mocking the captain and his whole career, with its spinning obedience to gravity.

Milliseconds pass and before he knew it, he was automatically running straight for the ball, arms out to receive.

He wasn't going to let them take away everything they'd worked for, everything he'd worked for.

In hopes of reaching the ball quicker, Tooru launched himself forwards, suppressing a scream, holding his breath, as his bound knee smacked the hardwood, femur joint first.

He proceeded to slide his body across the floor, right arm outstretched to its potential surface area...but it still wasn't enough.

The resounding thud of the ball hitting the ground shattered throughout Oikawa's body, his skin progressively burning alight with the flames of friction from the shiny, concrete surface he'd collided with. A searing ache relentlessly dancing around his weakened kneecap. And yet, no amount of pain could deter Oikawa from the clean crack down the center of his beating heart. 

He slammed a now curled fist into the ground, the shimmering ground he wished could swallow him whole, the cheers and whispers around him fading into high pitched ringing, as he set his stinging eyes on the clear, smug look that Kageyama sported from across the court. The brunette's eyes blurred with tears, relieving the stinging with a single glaze, his own body determined to put him through further humiliation.

His mind grew woozy, fist quickly unfurling to grip at the floor for some sort of needed stabilization.

No. Not now, please not now.

He'd began to slip.

With what energy he had left, the captain clumsily picked himself up from the sweat-sheened floor, avoiding putting too much pressure on his gammy leg. Pushing his way through worried team mates, Oikawa, as quickly as he could, hastily hobbled through the gymnasium's double doors, and down the narrow corridor that led him towards the hopefully empty changing rooms.

The brunette ground his teeth in agony, scaling the wall to his right with his shaking palm, ready to catch himself at any point. Finally he was able to slam himself through the bland grey door of his teams changing room, collapsing in exhaustion before he could even make it to the first bench.

Tooru lay panting for a moment, ignoring the teasing tears as they began their taunting descent, his mind pleaded a release from the endless string of strain it was continuously coiled in. 

We lost. We lost. We lost. We lost. We lost. We? I...I lost. I lost. I lost. I lost. I lost. I lost. I lost. I lost. I lost.

A soft caress on his shoulder eased him, gently coaxing him from his racing mind, his head lolled slightly before he blinked up at them, it was a soothing touch he knew all to well. Crouched there was his boyfriend, concern riddling his features, anxiety rising from his pores like steam, as he removed his hand from the tremoring boy. Behind him, stood the whole team staring down at him, pity clung to the air surrounding them, all watching with caution as their captain shrunk back under the bench, neck craned with his height.