013

Cursed

Her nose twitched as she felt something small tickle her nostrils

Her nose twitched as she felt something small tickle her nostrils. Kaiden swatted the front of her face to rid of the pesky bug buzzing. It soon stopped and she continued to sleep once again. Until...

SPLASH

Gasping awake, Kaiden quickly searched for the perpetrator, instantly thinking Bokuto had the funny idea of waking her as such. Her left eye shut tight as her wet bandages were soaked and stuck to her skin. Her onyx eye caught sight a familiar looking cone head. Her eyebrows furrowed at the sight of the man standing right before her.

"You again?"

Kaiden asked, mindlessly as she attempted to ring her shirt dry. This man that stood right in front of her was the familiar guy that kind of taught her how to skip stones. Still a useless skill, in her perspective. She felt nothing hostile or negative from the old dude before or now. So the Uchiha felt no need to be too much on her guard. Though the question still remained, why is he in the Land of Waves?

"Me again." The strange man confirmed, throwing the random bucket he found behind him. His cone shaped straw hat cover his face, but Kaiden knew he was looking around the area as he moved his head a little. "Why were you sleeping outside, kid? You know it's dangerous to sleep in the wild like that, right?"

Kaiden scoffed, standing up. "I'm not a kid. I'm a full-fledged genin, much capable of handling myself. Given this ninja headband, I'm considered an adult. So don't treat me like some snotty brat."

The cone head whistled at the raise of temper. "Sorry I got on your bad side so early in the morning then,...not kid." To which Kaiden only tsked, looking up at the sky. Based on the sun position, she concluded it was around 9 am.

She looked down at her hands to see her hands wrapped in dirty bandages. Kaiden recalled after Naruto returned, Sasuke applied ointment and fresh bandages on her hands. Immediately after, however, she resumed her training as if she didn't just get scolded for being a reckless trainer. Which led to her falling asleep in the woods near Tazuna's home.

That night, her progress did improve after receiving treatment for her hands. But the progess still was not enough to satisfy her. Her thoughts strayed. Will I ever catch up to those two? Kuroo and Bokuto already passed their marks. When will she? "Tch" Kaiden gritted her teeth at her lack of strength.

"Let me see your hands." She heard the man say. Kaiden immediately shoved her hands in her pant pockets. "I think I'm good, old man." She responded to him.
Under the conical hat, the mysterious, brown haired man sweat dropped at the given nickname.

"I'm only 34. I'm not that old." He remarked, crossing his arms.

Kaiden conjured a fire ball in hopes to somewhat dry her clothes. "Whatever you say, cone head." A tick mark grew on his forehead. He mumbled incoherent words. "What are you even doing all the out here anyway? Aren't you suppose to be back in Konoha?"