010

Team Bonding

"Alright, the area ahead seems pretty clear enough

"Alright, the area ahead seems pretty clear enough." Miyuki sensei inferred. Her blue eyes glanced back at her students. "Now then, you boys. Tell your trusting sensei what's got your minds in the gutter?" Kotaro and Tetsurou didn't respond. They both simply kept scouting the area, ignoring the irrelevant question. At this, Miyuki furrowed her brows. I guess Gato really was the one behind their clans sabotage. 

Kaiden could feel their pent up emotions. It bothered her more than it should have. Why? She asked herself. Well for one, the Uchiha could understand first hand what the boys might be feeling at the moment -- the sadness, the anger, the urge for vengeance. 

Masking her feelings since Shisui's death, since the massacre was all Kaiden ever did in order to not explode or do anything she would regret. Training. Training kept her mind away from all those negative thoughts and feelings. But maybe now is the time to finally tell someone how she truly felt about it all. If it means having Bokuto and Kuroo back again, she's open to share those similar feelings with them, for them. Just to let them know she understood what they're going through. To let them know that they don't have to suffer amongst themselves; that they could lean on her shoulders for extra support if they needed to. 

It's almost mind boggling to the Uchiha-Hyuga. How she cares so much for the two loud morons enough to consider breaking down her own walls in order to make them trust her, how she already trusts them. From the beginning when they met, they were always there for her one way or another: saving her from the Ino bully, from the weird group of boys that started following her around recently, and especially sparring her from complete loneliness. Kaiden sees the pair more than just mere teammates of her's, more than just two annoying idiots that she got stuck with. Is it because that's what Shisui would've thought too if he were her? Or is it because she very much disliked seeing others, who clearly don't deserve the despair, suffering?

I rather be the only one suffering, if it means Kuroo and Bokuto-san would be happy again. Kaiden gave it a final thought. The only thing I can do for them is to...try to voice my own feelings and hope they get the message.

Her pace slowed down significantly until she stopped walking all together. Clenching her teeth, Kaiden tried finding the courage to speak her thoughts, her feelings. She watched her team continue their scouting. Her palms were sweating at what she was about to do. Will they even listen to me if I try? Before their figures could go any further, Kaiden opened her mouth.

"My brother's best friend murdered the Uchiha clan..." She finally said. Her sudden words immediately caught the attention of the other members. The boys halted their steps, along with Miyuki-sensei. Their ears listening to what the Uchiha had to say.

Taking their halt as a sign to continue, Kaiden looked to the floor as she proceeded, "I'll be honest with you all. I wanted to die that night of the massacre... I was ready to die, but Itachi spared my life. Maybe pity? Maybe because I am the only thing left of my brother? I don't know, and I don't care. He left me alone with my mother's decaying corpse without a word. I've never told anyone about that night. Not even Sasuke." Bokuto looked back to see Kaiden staring hard at the ground with a frown. Uchiha-chan...

"I have my own reasons why I didn't care much about the Uchiha's downfall or plan to avenge the clan. Truthfully, it is one less problem for me." She looked up to meet their golden eyes staring back at her. "I told you I want to avenge my brother. He didn't die by Itachi's hand. He died from a shinobi within Konoha way before the massacre! And I plan to find that shinobi and send that heartless bastard to straight to hell!"

Miyuki felt her intense aura radiating. It seems to the female sensei that Kaiden was unconsciously expanding her aura to make them feel what she was feeling. It was almost incredible how this Uchiha can do such a rare technique without even realizing. Fuyumi took this in consideration as she continue to listen to Kaiden's heartfelt words to the boys. 

"I don't know what happened with you or your clans before you both came to Konoha, but I do know it has something to do with Gato!" She clenched her teeth and shut her eyes tight. Kaiden couldn't compose herself any longer. "Goddamn it! When I say I'll help you get revenge on that prick, I'll do it in a heartbeat if it means it will lift the aching pain in your chests! I consider you both my comrades, and Shisui-nii always told me to aid my friends with whatever is troubling them! I never thought I would ever open up to the idea of making friends because I promised myself I needed to stay away from people as much as possible.. but after everything, you two imbeciles manage to make yourselves exceptions to that promise! So please give me the word and I'll help you avenge your clans! I just don't like the idea of knowing you both are suffering silently on my watch.." Kaiden's eyes were still shut closed as she turned her head away from their general direction. "Che, what I'm trying to say is.. as your teammate trust me to have your backs in whatever you wish to me to assist you on. I will do all I can to ensure you both have a peace of mind." 

To Kaiden's great dismay, silence took over them. It was painfully deafening to her. How can silence be so obnoxiously loud?  She scoffed, internally. "I don't want you both to be in pain anymore. Since the last month of the Academy, you guys showed me friends and teammates stick together through thick and thin, and work out problems or situations together--as a team." Kaiden caught her breath as she reopened her eyes to see her teammates and sensei smiling down at her. She slowly straightened her posture as Bokuto and Kuroo approached her.

Kuroo wore a soft, side smile. Bokuto smirked, his happiness radiating from it. They are...smiling again.. Kaiden opened her mouth to speak, but her voice was muffled as she felt warmth engulf her. The two boys were grateful the Uchiha truly cared for them. They were grateful to know she would stand with them, and they would stand with her. They were a team. What's one problem, is all of their problem to solve together. It was heartwarming to know their friendship towards the Uchiha isn't one-sided after all. 

Miyuki softly smiled at her team. Clearly, they aren't Kakashi's team. But they are her team. Her team that understands each other all around, and are willing to work together. A team she will very much cherish till the end. I definitely will do everything and anything I can to help each of them reach their goal...as a team.

"You know, Uchiha...you really aren't like that emo doofus." Kuroo told her as he released her from the hug, making Kaiden laugh a little. Bokuto joined in, "Yeah, you definitely are something more. You're special to us."

Kaiden's heart clenched. The feeling she was feeling right now. The familiar feeling of love for family. A small smile graced her lips as she gave the boys one last hug. Tears threatening to slip out. 

You both are special to me too. 

"I wouldn't be something more if you guys hadn't come into my life. I've thought about the times I've considered of trailing off my path in life, but you guys somehow kept me in check." Seeing the confused expression on their faces, Kaiden shook her head with a smile. "What I mean is you both shown me there is still a chance of happiness in my miserable life." She touched her bandages. At that moment, Fuyumi's senses caught a huge wave of chakra being used from where they had left team 7. I never thought I would tell anyone about my real identity. But if it's them, I know I won't regret it. I could trust them with my life.  Kaiden took a breathe, and smiled putting her hand down. "Since we are in a team together, I think it's best if I-"

Before Kaiden could lift her bandage, Miyuki-sensei stopped her. "Alright, enough of the team bonding, twerps! As much as I love to see you all become more than just a team, we have to head back to team 7 and Tazuna immediately! Let's go!" She briefly instructed. Her piercing blue eyes gave each of them a stern look. "And be prepared for the worse."

Kuroo sniffed the suddenly blowing air. A familiar scent reached his nostrils, and his heart quickened. It can't be... He repressed his thoughts as soon as he heard Bokuto and Kaiden. "Hai, sensei!" With that, Team 9 tailed Miyuki back to team 7, ready to back them up. 

~~