015

Brains vs Strength

"Is it me or is Miyuki sensei really pushing Kaiden?" Bokuto asked, observing the two female teammates from afar. "She wasn't that harsh when she was showing us the new techniques." He pointed out.

Kuroo relaxed his fighting stance for a brief moment to look over at the girls. His hazel eyes switched between his sensei and his teammate before he resumed to his assigned technique. "I think she favors Kaiden." He concluded before resuming his practice.

"Hah?!" Bokuto's face became bewildered. "How is that favoring a student? That looks like hell if you ask me." The two-toned haired boy commented, pointing a thumb at the two as he looked at Kuroo.

Tetsurou slowly moved his arms as Miyuki instructed; up, left, down, right, repeat. A simple movement, yet deadly if used correctly. Once he gets used to the movement, Kuroo is allowed to speed up his arms until max speed. Relaxing once again, Kuroo tilted his head to glance at Kotaro, cooly. "She's working Kaiden harder because she wants Kaiden to be better. Than us, than her." He explained, Kuroo then sped up his arm movements for the new technique. "That and Miyuki has a soft spot for her. I don't know if you noticed but she looks and treats Kaiden differently."

Not being the most observant off the battlefield, Bokuto scratched the back of his head sheepishly, signaling to Kuroo that he had not noticed. To which Tetsurou only shook his head as he chuckled.

"Of course you didn't."

__

"Again." Miyuki instructed.

Her body was sweaty and dirty once again and her limbs shaking, but she did not want to give up now. Kaiden successfully passed the halfway marker almost two hours after Miyuki assisted her. She was now wearing weights on her arms and legs. Her goal was to pass the halfway marker and from there run up the rest of the tree again.

Nodding her head, determinedly, Kaiden tightened her bandages on her hands before adding chakra to them. She steadied her breathing, balanced her body and mind as instructed previously. I could do this. I could do this. She chanted.

After climbing this tree so many times, Kaiden's arms were getting use to it. Evidently making it easier to climb every time. Up and up she's going. Something in her made her feel almost giddy. For what? Maybe it could be the man she encountered earlier this morning that will soon be another sensei that will lead her to a stronger route, or maybe it's the fact that her current sensei had given her hope and guidance to continue forward. Whatever it was, Kaiden was damn glad it gave her an extra boost of energy.

Her hands passed the halfway point. Pushing the lower hand of her body up to flip over to her feet, Kaiden almost slipped but managed to hold herself in a crouch. She sighed in relief before looking to the top of the tree. A small smirk appeared on her lips. Alright. Wasting no time, Kaiden rushed up the tree as fast as she could with the weights on her legs, shinobi style.