007

The Bridge Builder

"Who knew being a ninja was so boring"

Kuroo and Kaiden walked side by side with each other. A small dog on a leash on each of their hands while Bokuto rode the large dog like a summon.

"HEY HEY HEY!"

Kotaro waved at his teammates behind him, having the time of his life. He felt like the king of the world as the wind blew passed him and having sights of everyone below him. Dog sitting was his favorite from all the D rank missions they had been on so far. For obvious reasons~

"At least Bokuto-san is enjoying himself. I bumped into Sakura the other day, and she told me how Naruto tried doing the same thing, except the dog dragged him." Kaiden told the neko lover beside her.

Tetsurou chuckled, shaking his head a little. "Sounds like the Uzumaki all right." Raising his fingers to his mouth to whistle, Tetsurou called for Kotaro's attention. "Oi, Bokuto! Let's return the dogs and meet back with Miyuki-sensei!"

Bokuto held a thumbs up, indicating he heard Kuroo loud and clear. With that, Kotaro turned the big dog towards its owner's home. "Let's go, Appa!"

Team 9 met back with their sensei, and were now making their way to the Hokage tower. Unexpectedly, the third Hokage had called the team over to his office as Miyuki was about to give them their final mission for the day.

Miyuki knocked on the door to Lord Third's office. Once he voiced his permission for them to walk in, the doors opened. Team 7 watched as Team 9 walked in with their heads held high, and bowed respectively toward the old man.

"You summoned us, Lord Third?", Miyuki asked Hiruzen.

The Hokage nodded, and instructed them to stand tall. He looked at Team 9 with confidence in them. Hiruzen has heard from Miyuki about their elaborate plan to work as an exceptional team in order for them to retrieve the bells. Indeed he was surprised not only Kakashi's team passed, but Miyuki's as well. A pleasant and expected turn of events. Both teams will be great in the future, he is sure of it.

"Yes, Miyuki. I want you and your team to assist Team 7 in escorting a bridge builder to the Land of Waves.", Hiruzen ordered.

Bokuto and Kuroo lit up in excitement. "Does that mean we get a C ranked mission, old man!" they both yelled, excitedly with gleaming eyes. Hiruzen's face dropped. How many times am I going to be called 'old man' today? He wondered, feeling slightly self-conscious about his wrinkles.

Naruto objected at the Hokage's words. "Gramps! We can escort the bridge builder alone! Believe it! Why do we need them to tag along anyways?" He pointed at Team 9, who looked annoyed by his outburst. For a second time today, Sasuke fully agreed with the knucklehead. Why did they have to tag along with them? They are just going to escort the bridge builder home. It's no big deal. 

"Because the client had specifically requested two teams for the job. And I fully believe Teams 7 and 9 are capable for this task." The third Hokage explained in a posh manner. Naruto felt bad for complaining now, but he was too stubborn to retract his words. He huffed and crossed his arms as he remained silent. I still think we can manage on our own. Believe it!

The door suddenly was knocked on, and Hiruzen allowed the person to walk into the room. The intense smell of sake instantly reached Kaiden's nostrils, much to her great dismay. She shifted from her spot and took a step back from the man who had just walked in, holding her breathe to prevent herself from smelling the haunting, toxic fumes. Kuroo and Sasuke were the only ones who took notice of her sudden behavior.

"They're all a bunch of kids?" the old man exclaimed before taking a hit of his sake bottle. "Is that small fella with the idiotic face really suppose to protect me?!"

"Haha! Who's the small one with the idiotic face?" Naruto laughed. Kuroo, Bokuto, Sasuke, Sakura, Kaiden all stepped next to the Uzumaki. All of them were taller than him, in order. This was enough information that led to the fact that the old drunk was talking about him. "I'm going to kill you!"

Kakashi held his student back while Miyuki palmed her face. "Idiot." She muttered.

Shortly, the bridge builder introduced himself and gave his instructions to the two teams. "I am the bridge builder expert, Tazuna. You are to escort and protect me with your lives until I finish constructing the bridge. Got that?"