019

Gains and Losses (3)

"Ah, you're finally awake."

The sunlight from the window lit up the room greatly. Blinking, Kaiden's eyes slowly adjusted to the bright room. As soon as they did, she observed her surroundings. The familiar purple decor displayed around the shelves and walls, along with the toy shurikens and plushies put in a small toy box in the corner of the room, instantly triggered past memories. Like a green light did the Uchiha recognize the bed she currently laid on.

This is my room...

Realizing she is back at the Uchiha compound, Kaiden sat up. At the corner of the room sat Hae Uchiha knitting a lilac blanket on a rocking chair. Her onyx eye observed the one she called mother with such befuddlement.

"Mama?"

Kaiden didn't know what to feel at the sight of her mother. She was happy of course, but confused as to why she was seeing her now. Why she was in her room? Her mother was dead. The Uchiha compound was abandoned. But here she is, in her room, knitting a blanket. Was it all a dream?

That's when it hit the little Uchiha.

"I'm...I'm dead, aren't I?"

Hae finished her knitting. She flapped the lilac blanket and observed her art. Pastel pink flowers with sea foam green swirls imbued onto the corners of the blanket elegantly. The mother Uchiha was satisfied with her work and walked over to her daughter. She laid the specially made blanket on her beloved child.

The beautiful mother gently caressed her daughter's rosy cheeks. How she missed her so. "Not yet. You're a fighter, you know? Just like your father."

Her mother's words shocked her. Kaiden was at a disbelief with the information. "I am not dead? But how? I was pois-"

Hae cut her daughter off with a tight embrace. "You do not know a lot things about yourself, Kaiden. And it's my fault for not telling you everything when I had the chance." She released the hug to take her daughter's bandage off. "But you do know you're also a Hyūga. Soon you'll learn what you're actually capable of. Death is not an option. It never is with you. You're far too young, and your team needs you." Hae smiled, sadly. "Little Sasuke needs you."

"But mom.."

Hae kissed her daughter's round cheeks. "Don't let go just yet. Don't be foolish like I was. You have your life ahead of you, sweetheart. Find your father. Tell my boys I love and miss them dearly. And go back home, I left a few things for you there."