026

End Of Pathetic Peace, Start of A Legacy [1/3]

Running. They didn't know where the hell they were going, or what the hell was happening. The only goal the two boys had was to get her to safety.

"Surou, she doesn't look like she is breathing!" Kotaro yelled, panicking as he ran beside his dark haired friend, who carried the Uchiha bridal style. The said girl was knocked unconscious as dark markings crawled lively on her skin.

Tetsurou remained staring straight ahead, tightening his grip on the girl slightly. "Kaiden is still hanging on! We just have to find a safe place and then I can check-" 

"TETSUROU, KOTARO!"

The two recognized the voice immediately. It was Sakura's. Her voice seemed pained and scared. She called again. The boys stopped and turned back.

Under a tree cave, there was Sakura, along with an unconscious Naruto and Sasuke. The boys wanted to ask what happened to them, but the Haruno beat them to it.

"What happened to Kaiden?"

The team 9 members looked at each other with concerned expressions before Tetsurou spoke.

"It all happened so fast..."

7 HOURS EARLIER

"I think we should stay away from him." Kaiden suggested after all teams separated to take their written exams in a different room.

"Agreed. His scent reeks." Tetsurou commented, wiping his nose to rid of the lingering musky smell.

Kotaro nodded as well. "He was acting so weird after he found out that you're the other Uchiha. I'd say he is a creep." He added with a contorted face.

"Hn." Kaiden didn't comment any further as the team had to part and sit on their assigned seats. But she did sense something about that chunin exam expert, and she knew it couldn't be any good.

The half Uchiha sat down in her seat and awaited others to do the same. A few rows ahead of her sat Naruto. He sat beside Hinata, who's face grew hot. To her left, just a row ahead sat Sasuke. In the very front sat Sakura. Bokuto sat in the far back corner of the room, and Tetsurou sat two spaces away from Sasuke. 

Kaiden sat patiently. The desk seeming interesting to her at the moment. Until her senses picked up something she didn't want to be near for the duration of these exams. The person who sat on her left was none other than Gaara of the Sand. He looked like he was holding back something vicious, and Kaiden only narrowed her eyes. The tension growing between them had some participants look back at them every so often including her teammates and the Chunins seated along the left side of the class room. Then came the next person to her right, Hyuga Neji.