001

Truth Untold

"You're moving me up?"

The counselor smile brightly at the half Uchiha. "Of course! With your skills, you should be at the graduating level. Uchiha Kaiden, this will be your new teacher for the last month of your academy years." The brunette lady gestured over to the man with a scar across his face and a pony tail.

The man smile in a friendly manner, followed by a small wave. "Good morning, Uchiha-san! I am Iruka-sensei. I'll be your teacher until graduation. I will help guide you to becoming a genin." Kaiden did not reply to the teacher but did accept his hand for a shake. Her onyx eye observed him silently.

The counselor clapped in delight. "Great! Kaiden, dear, you will begin classes with Iruka sensei, starting next week. How exciting!" The half Uchiha didn't show it much but she was glad to hear that her skills were enough to be moved up to the graduating class. She smirked at her progress.

This is one step closer to avenging Shisui-nii.

"Right, I'll see you in class Monday. Take care, Kaiden-chan!", Iruka bid his goodbye and returned back to his classroom.

"I assume you wouldn't want to head back to class, so I'll let you out early, okay? I'll make a note for Yashi-sensei, I'm sure he wouldn't mind." The counselor congratulated the 12 year old one last time before sending her home.

Kaiden had free time now. She walked around the village aimlessly, planning out what to do for the time being. I could start training my byakugan... A strange noise emitted from her stomach. After I get some food inside of me first. Her cheeks lightly tinted a bit in embarrassment, even if no one was around to witness it.

She walked with hands in her pockets. The sun was shining bright as mothers busied themselves with picking groceries and other necessities for dinner before their children are released from school. Kaiden passed by a flower shop. Her eye caught sight of a particular flower that her mother used to love. A flower that Shisui would often compare Kaiden to when she was younger. Though, they never did tell her what the blue flower truly meant as her mother did rave about the meaning of different flowers. However, she'd always neglect to reveal the meaning for her favorite one.

"One smeraldo flower please"

The lady tending the shop was surprised the young girl would ask for such a flower. "You would be the first customer in a long time to purchase this kind of flower, hun.", the blonde lady told the girl. As she handed the flower to the quiet girl, she noticed the resemblance she had to an Uchiha. Despite the black bandages around her left eye, the child looked much like her late customer, Hae Uchiha. No doubt this young girl is one of the Uchiha survivors. Nevertheless, the flower lady smiled brightly at the fact Hae, in spirit through her daughter, would come by for the flower once again. As a condolence, the kind flower lady gladly told Kaiden a bit about the blue flower. "You know this flower means 'the truth that couldn't be told'."

This piece of information caught Kaiden off guard. The truth that couldn't be told...is that what Shisui meant when he compared me to this blue flower? Her onyx eye looked at the flower in wonder. It was a beautiful flower. What truth is this beautiful flower hiding? She wondered. Before Kaiden could fully take out her wallet to pay for the flower, the blonde lady waved her hands to refuse the money.

"No, no. It's alright I'll let this particular flower be on the house for you. I do wish you care for the flower with your heart. It's especially rich to their owner." The lady smiled and bid the female Uchiha a good day.

〰️〰️〰️

Kaiden sat in a small cafe looking at the flower. Her heart ached at the memory of her family, yet felt relieved at the same time. Why? Because she finally found the meaning behind this mysterious blue flower. "The truth that couldn't be told...", she repeated. A bitter sweet flower it was. This flower is her, and she is this flower. Kaiden Uchiha-Hyūga: the truth that cannot be known. As the waiter brought out her order, Kaiden silently ate her fried rice and curry as she planned out her training schedule for the remainder of the week.