021

Fair Trade

The moon was shining bright up above, lighting the dark of night

The moon was shining bright up above, lighting the dark of night. The clock just reaching ten. Most citizens of Konoha were already in bed, resting for the next day. Except for a certain Hyūga.

Kaiden stood outside of the village gates, leaning by the walls as she waited for the traveler to show up to train her. She messed with the silks wrapped around her arm, still trying to figure out what exactly made this piece of bandage important. Yet her mind strayed to her odd day just hours before.

✧・゚: *✧・゚:*    *:・゚✧*:

"Has any of your past family members ever torture you in any way?" Miyuki sensei had pulled Kaiden aside while the boys prepared the training ground.

Kai had a look of bewilderment as she processed her sensei's bizarre question. "W-What?" Her face was hard. Kaiden never seen Miyuki look so serious before. She wondered, why her sensei would assume such a horrible thing in the first place?

Shaking her head, Kaiden gave her an answer. "Mama and Shisui had never done anything to hurt me. What's with the sudden question?"

Miyuki sensei sighed, her face no longer holding a stern expression. Instead, it held one of relief and confusion. "It's...unusual; to say the least. For someone to be naturally immune to poison. Usually you aren't immune to poison unless you're trained to." The white haired kunoichi clarified her concerns.

"Trained?" Kaiden asked.

"Ah" Miyuki nodded. "Given a certain amount of doses of various poisons eventually makes you immune to any." She explained. Miyuki kneeled down in front of Kaiden, hand on her shoulder. "I just wanted to make sure you weren't treated the way I was to be strong. But I see you're naturally a strong kid, Kaiden."

Kaiden's eyes were wide from shock. "Sensei..."

✧・゚: *✧・゚:*    *:・゚✧*:

She still wondered what Miyuki had meant. Did her family treat her ill? Poisoned her to make her immune? Strong? Why would they do such a thing? Kaiden's thoughts were soon interrupted by a sudden voice.

"Where did you get that?"

Immediately, Kaiden whipped out a kunai and held it to the person's chest. She looked to her left to see it was only the blindfold sensei she was expecting. He didn't look at all bothered with Kaiden's action. The said Uchiha put her kunai away.

"You shouldn't sneak up on people like that. You could get yourself killed." She told her cursed sensei, cooly.

The traveler laughed. "Then you shouldn't let your guard down." He retorted.