018

Gains and Losses (2)

"What is this?!" Tazuna exclaimed. In front of the group were all of the bridge builders, severely beaten, laying on the ground. "What happened?" Sakura asked in horror. Her green eyes wandered around the area of the many bodies laying hurt in the sea of mist.

"He's finally recovered." Kuroo narrowed his eyes, trying to find his uncle through the familiar hidden mist jutsu.

Miyuki and Kakashi suspected as much and tensed up, preparing for a fight. "Genins, listen carefully.." Miyuki unsheathed her karambit from its hoister attached to her forearm; she gave it a quick spin, the blade facing outwards. "Zabuza is our enemy. In this fight, use your heads and stay alive, but most importantly protect our client."

The genins nodded and prepared for the worst.

"Well, well, well"

Zabuza's voice rang somewhere within the mist. The ninjas' senses heightened in alarm. Kuroo clenched his jaw, silently begging this is just a crude nightmare.

"I hope those kids don't hold you back. That would be pitiful. Look, he's shaking again." Zabuza referred to Sasuke. Suddenly the said Uchiha noticed several of Zabuza's clones surrounding the group.

Sasuke smirked, mischievously. "I'm shaking with excitement." Kakashi gave his student the 'okay', and Sasuke skillfully took down the water clones with ease.

Zabuza finally emerged from the mist, along with the person they mistook as a normal hunter-nin. "He's gotten stronger." The mist demon had observed. "Seems like a rival appeared for you, Haku."

At the mention of the hunter-nin's name, Kuroo narrowed his eyes at him. Little did he know, Haku mirrored his actions behind his mask. It was unfortunate to Haku that the only opponent he truly wanted to fight was one he wasn't allowed to touch.

"It seems like it.." Haku half-heartedly agreed with his master.

"I guess your prediction was on the money, Tetsurou-kun" Kakashi praised. Sakura was shocked. Miyuki smirked, proud of her student's clever read.

"Just as I thought." Sasuke said.

"So it was a lie that he was pursuing a ninja from Kirigakure" Tazuna expressed.

Miyuki nodded. "That nin is on Zabuza's side no matter how you look at it. They're lined up perfectly." Kakashi clarified to the bridge builder.

When it came to who was going to fight Haku, Sasuke gladly accepted the request. To Haku's delight - and to Zabuza's dismay - Kuroo insisted he fight along side the doofus Uchiha.