008

Turn of Events

Later that day, both teams met up with Tazuna in the front gates of Konoha

Later that day, both teams met up with Tazuna in the front gates of Konoha. Everyone was packed and ready to go. Naruto being the most excited out of the present genin.

"All right! Let's go!"

"What are you so excited for?" Sakura asked as she reached her team with her backpack.

"I've never been outside the village before, dattebayo!" Naruto told her, his enthusiasm radiating off of him like sunrays. He looked all around him, trying to soak everything in with a huge smile on his face. This truly was an exciting mission to look forward to. Aw, man. So this is the world outside of Konoha! I wonder what else there is to see. He looked around some more, making weird noises of excitement.

With the exception of that one time when she was three, and merely just trying to see her brother in action, Kaiden had never really traveled far outside the village gates either. She wasn't sure if Kuroo and Bokuto were on the same boat, but she silently wondered.

"Hey, will a kid like that really be capable of handling this mission?" Tazuna questioned in worry for his life in the hands of a knucklehead looking everywhere, comically.

Kakashi chuckled. "No need to worry. We are both jonins that will be accompanying you as well." He gestured to himself and Miyuki next to him.

Naruto turned around to look at them. "Hey, old geezer! Don't underestimate ninjas like myself!" He shouted, pointing at Tazuna. "I'm the elite ninja who will receive the title of Hokage one day, believe it! Remember the name Uzumaki Naruto!"

Tazuna drank from his sake bottle once more, making Kaiden slightly cringe at the sight. "Hokage is the village's number one ninja, right?" He gave Naruto a side glance. "I doubt a knucklehead like you could ever become one." Tazuna's opinion led Naruto to try to jump him once again, this time with Miyuki holding his collar.

"Kid, don't get on my bad side." She warned the blondie. "He is our client. We protect the clients, not hurt them."

"Let me at him! Just this once, Miyuki-sensei!" Naruto struggled in her hold. Miyuki had her whole day planned, only for this sudden escort mission to come around unexpectedly. Despite the Fuyumi having her request to remain around the Hatake granted, she had to cancel her (much needed) afternoon massage. And with this kid making all sorts of trouble, her grumpy meter was rising. Miyuki ended up shoving the Uzumaki away from Tazuna. "Control yourself, Uzumaki!"

"That's my student, Miyuki." Kakashi reminded the irritated white hair female. Though the neutral Hatake didn't really pay attention to much of the ruckus as his nose was stuck in a certain orange book he kept in his special pocket.

"And that's my book, perv." Miyuki mocked, crossing her arms as she observed her team enjoying their walk together, further ahead of them but not so far. The silver hair jonin awkwardly cleared his throat and remained silent, not wanting the Fuyumi to get crabby enough to take her special edition back.