Chapter 32

"I found you.
And it was enough.
And it was everything."

__________________

E M A A N   x   A R H A M

Emaan wiped the imaginary crinkles off her dress and took deep breaths, returning her racing pulses back to normal

"Who's there?" She asked.

"Miss Warda."

"Let her in, I'm coming in a few minutes." She ushered the housemaid and followed her out.

* * * * * *

"Are you done with the files?" This was Warda's first query with many more on the way.

"No greetings?!" Emaan gave a disappointed sigh and took the seat opposite to her. "They are almost done, don't you worry. Arham is working on them." She gave a cheeky smile before sipping the sizzling Cappuccino, sliding the other cup towards Warda.

"Here." Warda handed round a few envelopes to Emaan. Squinting her eyes a little, she unsealed the envelope with a frown.

It was an invitation to Lè Fonti Gala, the annual business summit organized by the chains of leading industrialists, providing fresh opportunities for new investments and strategies.

Before she could open her mouth to straightaway refuse, Warda held her hand in the air. "This time I can't substitute you. This is very important for PR and you won't be alone this time."

"And how is that?" Showing no interest, she lazily flipped over the other documents.

"Your husband will accompany you this time, that's why.

Emaan's face promptly lit up and eyebrows arched upwards upon hearing this, "Really? You could have told me earlier, what's with all the fuss?" She lightly hit Warda's shoulder.

"Your ensemble is on the way, wear that only, no room for excuses. One more thing, your first meeting is scheduled for next Thursday." Emaan gave out a frustrated growl, corners of her mouth pointing downwards prior to muttering a reluctant 'Ok'.