Chapter 20

"With a ladder of flowers,
I will climb up to the stars.
And there I will whisper,
to you...you are my moon."

______________

E M A A N x A R H A M

"Please, please Arham...please." She blinked her puppy eyes with immense innocence to lure him in her trap.

But he kept on reading the newspaper keenly which unfortunately was turned upside down.

"Say something." She tugged the sleeve of his shirt but still he depicted perfect insouciance.

"I am talking to you. Answer me!" She snatched the newspaper from him and angrily scowled.

"I said NO then it means no." He declared looking at her sternly.

"But I am caged in this room for five whole damn days!" She indignantly stomped her foot on the bed but hissed the next second.

"That's why! That's why I am not letting you go." He said examining her foot which she bruised again.

"It's fine." She retreated her foot back from his grip. "Whatever! I don't know anything but I just can't sit idly here." She again tried to pursue but he was also an iceberg.

"I don't like to repeat myself."

"Huh...I don't like to repeat myself." She imitated him while attacking him with all the pillows and cushions around, mercilessly one by one.

"If you are into a fight then I am also in." He said dodging the pillows which she was throwing at him. He smirked picking the pillow and tossed it directly on her.

"Oh so be it." She was first taken aback but then reciprocated the fight with much more enthusiasm whilst smiling coyly.

Subsequently they had a feisty pillow fight. The room reverberated with their laughter as the cotton fillings showered on them.

The pillows were destroyed and the room was a mess by then. Exhausted and panting heavily they both laid on the bed facing the ceiling. Her head on his shoulder.

"That was cool!" She said putting her hand on her chest, calming her irregular breaths. He just hummed in response.

"Now I will have to fulfill Zayyan's pending demand." He said after a while thinking about the bet.

"What demand?" She asked turning to him.

"I'll tell you when the right time arrives." He sighed tucking her auburn brown locks behind her ears. Playing with her hair has become a new hobby of him.

"Nobody tells me anything." She folded her arms on her chest pouting just like a child.

"Who didn't tell what to my Emaan?" He smiled continuing to play with her hair strands.