Chapter 22

"Some people are soul medicine,
in the way;
they love you,
support you
and believe in you.
Always."

_______________

A R H A M      x      E M A A N

An eerie quietude engulfed the whole hall, only the jangling of the forks and spoons could be heard.

'Now he won't even talk to me. I wasn't that cruel though, he was the one to create the fuss first.' She gulped the water down her throat while eyeing him weirdly.

"We are getting late!" She loudly said to bring it to his notice. He was busy in his mobile holding it from one hand and eating from the another.

"You are talking to me?" He asked for the first time looking at her since the morning.

"Yes, of course you. Do you see someone else here other then you and me?" She said annoyed at his peculiar behaviour.

"No." He stated nonchalantly and again ignored her.

"It.is.getting.late." She desperately voiced out.

"Yeah, I think I should leave now." He stood up picking his coat.

"Hey! Wait for me!" She rushed behind him after grabbing her mobile. He stopped in mid way hearing her and she directly panged on his back.

"Ouch" She hissed rubbing her nose to soothe the impact.

"Wait, wait, wait. You are going with me?" He gave her a rumpled expression.

"Yes." She said the obvious.

"Go with the driver." He turned around to leave but she tugged his arm. "I am your wife not the driver's."

"But I am going by foot, would you still accompany me?" He desperately wanted to laugh at her miserable horror filled expression but he had to control so that he could play a little longer.

"Haww!...You even returned back home before me yesternight. Still you are creating a drama. Just forget it already." She scrunched her nose in distaste.

"As far as I know you don't like to take a lift from me. So what's the odd today?"

"We have the same destination coincidentally, your office."

"My office?" He asked.

"Yes, umm...I will get bored at home anyways so I thought why not tag along you...this way I can also keep a check on you." She mumbled the last part under her breath, inaudibly.

"Darling! My office is not a picnic spot but you will be stultified there too." He reasoned.

"Are you trying to hide something from me?" She looked at him suspiciously.