Chapter 29

"And if we depart,
may you only remember me
the way I looked
in your heart."

______________

E M A A N

E M A A N

Izah nudged his shoulder friskily, "How did you like the surprise?"

Beyond stunned, nothing came out of his mouth, he just kept gawking at her in a reverie.

Dressed in an ivory white, formal coat that had aristocratic cutting lines with intricate ruby stone work at the edges; high-waisted bell bottom pants that accentuated her slender legs, and contrasted with a baby pink turtle neck; she looked regal.

Her strides came to a hiatus few feets away from from him and she gazed straight into those hazel orbs.

"Good evening, Mr. Arham." Emaan said warmly, extending her hand. Her eyes casted the brilliancy of emeralds — perfectly beautiful.

He was surely frozen for maybe two or three seconds before returning to his usual calm and arrogant mien and the corners of his mouth resumed his signature smirk.

"You look stunning. I can't take my eyes off you, Mrs. Arham." He said and moulded her hand in his but instead of a handshake, kissed the back of her hand ever so slowly and sensuously.

Loud gasps brought her back into the reality and she retreated her hand back immediately, realizing they were not alone but standing in front of hundreds of people.

"Please get seated so we can proceed." The announcer said.

They both got seated on the stage, side by side but not before Emaan stomping her heel on his foot and him wincing silently.

She reviewed the contract keenly before signing it away. Flicking the pen in her fingers, she penned her signature in cursive handwriting — 'Emaan A.' .

"Is it the acronym of my name?" He asked, peeking at the document, when he was done with his own.

"Don't flatter yourself. It has always been consistent in my life." She gave him a murderous smile and pointed at the A in her signature. She put the lid back on the pen and slammed the file with a thud.

"Oh!" He sighed as they both rose to their feet, giving pleasing smile to the audience.

"Looking forward to work with you, professionally." She emphasized the word 'professionally'. Extending her hand once again, she winked at him.

Taking her hand in embrace, he jerked her to him. She stumbled colliding with his chest and instantly he swaddled his arms around her.

"Looking forward to work with you, personally." He whispered as his lips lingered on her earlobe.