Chapter 2

"I can never love anyone
The way I love you ;
But I am too afraid to say this."

                       _______________

                          E M A A N

At last the day of wedding arrived. Everything was adorned with perfection from tiniest to the most significant details. The festivities in the house made it more lively. The hustle bustle, the group of girls dancing and singing heartily was a sight to the eyes.

She woke up due to the continuous buzzing of her alarm. She sighed and made her way to the bathroom and did her morning busines. She was feeling empty deep down but assured herself by lying that she was okay.

She made her way to the dining room and sat at the table. Her mother and father were present there but not Miral.

She asked her mother concerned "Mama, where's Miral?"

Her mother replied "She is in her room. I don't know what happened to her, she denied to have breakfast."

She replied with a "ohh."

After she was done with her breakfast, made her way to the hospital, as she was called for a critical case.

When she retired from her duty she headed towards her home only to be stopped in the mid of the lounge by her mother.

"Emaan, Miral hasn't come out of her room yet. Go call her and tell her the beauticians are arriving soon." Told her mother. She nodded and made her way to Miral's room.

She entered the room without knocking, a gasp left her mouth due to the sight in front of her.

Miral was aimlessly staring at the window with continuous tears running down her cheeks.

She rushed to her and said "Miral? Miral are you okay? What happened? Why are you crying?"

Miral looked at her with puffy eyes and whilst crying said " Emaan!.. No, nothing is right. I am not okay. I am ruined Emaan. I can't do this. I can't marry Arham, I don't love him."

Miral once again tested Emaan's pure love asking "Will you help me?" She didn't know how to reply.

Miral again said "Emaan, will you marry Arham?"

She couldn't believe her ears.

When assured that her sister said those words, she replied in a shaky voice "No, no... Miral are you out of your mind? How could you say this, you are going to marry him after a few hours. Everything is handled, guests will soon arrive. Miral, no I can't do this . Please I can't. Don't force me."

Miral firmly said, " I also can't do this. I cannot marry Arham at any cost. I love AZLAN."

A shocked Emaan said while crying "What? Who? Who is Azlan? Are you sane? Why are you doing this? If you loved him why did you agree on marring Arham?"

Miral replied "I know I have done wrong but... I had a fight with him so I agreed to marry Arham but now the misunderstanding is cleared and I can't do it anymore."

Miral after a while again said "Emaan, I know about your feelings. I am very well aware that you love Arham. Everytime you see him or talk about him you have a sparkle in your eyes. I know you didn't say anything because of me for my happiness. Please do it once more for my happiness. And my happiness is yours happiness too."

She said more like asking herself "What? I love him?"

Miral nodded and exclaimed "Yes, yes you do, I have seen it in your eyes. Now don't dare to deny it."

A totally shakened Emaan said "Even if I agree, how will everyone react? What will mama baba do? And will Arham accept me? It is impossible."

Miral replied "Don't worry, everything will be okay. I'll handle it. I'll makeup a story and leave the city with Azlan for a few months. They will agree. Okay? Please don't say no. Do it for me."

She couldn't form words "But I..."

Miral cut her off and exclaimed "Don't you dare say no. My family and I have done so much for you, we made you our family. Now it's the time for you to repay. Please, Emaan please."

To say she was hurt would be an understatement, she was shattered into different pieces. She couldn't believe that Miral would one day ask her for a repayment but what now she has to repay even at the cost of her life.

She defeatedly said "OK."

Miral said "I know this must be hard for you but I know you love him. Love will help you cope up with this all. Even your love will change the way Arham looks at you."

After a long pause Miral said "I'll leave a message for all and then they won't say no. I know this is difficult but forgive me, please."

MIRAL'S LETTER

I am sorry!

I know what I am doing may seem immature at the moment but this is the right thing to do.

I can't marry Arham. I can't stand my sister unhappy, I want her to be happy. I came to know that she loves Arham and I can't snatch her love.

Please, dont say anything to her this all is my sole decision. This wedding should be hold as it was planned. I did this all for my dear sister my efforts should not go in vain.

As for me, I am leaving Pakistan, I am going to England for a few months. It won't be good if I stay here at the moment also I need time for myself. In the meantime maybe I won't contact anyone of you but I assure you I am and will be fine.

I am once again sorry.

Forgive me, please.

Yours Miral.

_______________________

Mera uss shehr-e-adawat mein basera hai jahaa,
Log sajdon mein bhi logon ka bura sochtey hain
_______________________

Salam!
Here's the update.

How is it guys?