Chapter 19

"When I met you
there was this
familiar feeling,
as if my hands
have reached for you
long before this moment."

______________

E M A A N     x    A R H A M

Walking along the shore, after him. She was continuously playing with her fingers with head hung low. She now couldn't even look at him in the eye.

'God! Why did I kiss him back? He must be thinking I am so desperate.' She was cringing internally.

While he was on cloud nine, sauntering leisurely with hands in the pockets of his shorts. An unconscious smile was dancing on his lips.

She was so into mentally cursing herself that she didn't see the average sized rock in her way. Directly crashing into the rock, her ankle got sprained.

Awaiting the impact of the ground, she closed her eyes but she felt the embrace of two strong masculine arms.

Just by his mesmerising scent she could surmise that who her saviour was. He once again saved her. Slowly peeking from her eyes to take a glimpse of him but he was already looking at her and his minty breath falling on her face. A blush crept on her face in the wake of their propinquity.

He gradually helped her stand up but she yelped "Ouch" clasping his arms tightly.

"Emaan! Here I was taking care of you not getting sick but you got your ankle sprained." He helped her sit on the ground and checked on her ankle.

"I didn't do it willingly." She cried as the pain was increasing exceedingly with each passing second.

"Ok it will pain a little but it will fine after. Bear it." He said taking her foot in his hand. She nodded nonetheless but the next second he twisted her ankle in a snap.

"AHH!..." She screamed on the top of her lungs and the birds resting on the nearby trees flew away at the sudden roar.

"You stony-hearted, vicious, vile, cruel, ferocious man! Why you did this?" She clutched the collar of his shirt as the pain was unbearable. Long forgotten the shy feelings beforehand.

"I helped you and you are blessing me with such sweet sugary words." He sarcastically said.

"Now come on, stand up." He assisted her to stand up but she still couldn't maintain her balance.

"I can't walk." She groaned in annoyance and sat on the ground with a thud.

She was too busy making bad faces when he slid his one arm under her knee and the other around her waist, carrying her in his arms.