Chapter 15

"The quest for love changes you.
There is no seeker of love
who has not matured
on the way of love.
The moment you start
looking for love,
you start to change
within and without."

                    __________________

E M A A N    x    A R H A M

It was the time for take off. She was clutching the the side rail of the seat tightly. Beads of sweat gleaming on her forehead, shaking to and fro she was mumbling continuous prayers under her breath.

Planes taking off was never really her thing, she dreaded it the most as she felt her heart sink at that moment.

He was watching this proceeding intently waiting for her to approach him first. But when she didn't, he decided to take the action himself.

He advanced his hand near her, unclutching them from the side rail he sandwiched her delicate soft hands in his large veined ones.

She looked at him with fright filled eyes, he squeezed her hands reassuringly. "It's alright Emaan. It's nothing. Look everthing is fine. It's okay." He traced irregular patterns in her hand with his thumb.

She tried to smile but shivered and closed her eyes at the sudden roar of the engine. "Open your eyes, it's alright. I know you are feeling scary but trust me it is not dangerous at all. See I am here with you." He continued to whisper sweet and calming words to her that somehow helped to alleviate her fear.

Her eyelashes battled and she gulped unfurling her eyes not leaving his hand. Her irregular breathing got regular and she was no longer shaking or sweating.  "Look you did it. It was so easy, well done." He said full of pride.

She smiled to herself that she won  fighting her demons. Finally she was able to let go of her fear. She had taken so many flights with trepidation but there was no one to comfort her, no one was there to say 'I am with you.' Nobody ever tried to abate her terror but the man beside her did it all in just a single attempt.

How good it feels to have someone by your side, someone who cares for you, someone who cherishes you, someone who regards for you. This all made senses to her now. These new feelings and sensations were pure euphoria for her.

"I am proud of you Emaan. Good job." He patted her head in adoration and side hugged her.

"Thankyou." She said in a tone full of gratitude.