Chapter 4 Raylynn

I'm actually kind of excited to go, but at the same time, I'm really nervous.

1. I have four brothers.
2. I've never met any of these people before, and all I know is that their all allies, friends, and family of Farley.
3. All of the kids have powers, including all of my brothers and both of my parents, except for me.

I don't know what to expect, and what not to expect. My parents, Titan and Ella Jesper, are both electricons. Like Mare Barrow and Rafe. Mom says not to worry and that I'll get along great with the others, but she's always been too optimistic about everything. I'm more like my dad, I see things the way they are, and right now what I'm seeing is me not fitting in with those other kids.

All four of my brothers have electrical powers like our mom and dad, I either won't get any or I still haven't gotten them yet. And by now, me almost being fifteen, don't think I'll be getting any any time soon, sooooo. Even though I have the mutation, I still don't think I'll get them.

We arrived to our rooms at David's home a few hours ago, and still haven't gotten anything done. Mom, dad, the boys and me still didn't get dressed or take showers or baths yet.

"Ok!" Mom says coming in my room clapping her hands together.

"Let's get you in your dress and get your hair done." Then she walks over to my current closet and fishes out my stupid dress.

I hate wearing things like that. For most girls it makes them feel and look pretty, for me I feel like a fish that got squeezed into tight in a net. But mom says she thinks I look beautiful in it blah, blah, blah. Whatever.

I sit up from my bed and walk over to the vanity in the room, and sit.

Mom lays the dress out on the bed, where I was just laying, and comes around to stand behind me.

We sit in that same position for about twenty minutes, talking about what might happen tonight and stuff like that.

"I think that you'll really like Mare and Cal's daughter Coriane. She's your age and she's really sweet. And they have their older son Shade he's only a year older than you so you two should probably get along as well, although I think the boys would get along with him better since he's more around their age. Then there's Tristen, Kilorn and Cameron's son. I like him too, he's a nice boy. Umm, let's see there's Alice and Charllie, Evangaline and Elaine's kids. I don't know about them though, if they are anything like Evangaline's family I don't think you'll get along very well. Ptolomus and Wrens kids are definitely out, I know for a fact that you won't like them, especially after the first time you met them. Alexander and Lewis are absolute terrors. Rafe and Kendal's kids will be there so, you can talk to them too. And of course Clara. I guess that's it." Mom finishes.

"Yeah." I say with a sigh.

"Hey, you'll make plenty of friends. Ok? You are an amazing girl, love, and anyone can see that. And if they don't like you then the jokes on them." She says with an encouraging smile.

I give a little smile, just for her.

"Oh, and I almost forgot. Bree and Trammy have kids too. Bree and Alina, had Lilly, Kaitlynn, and Roden. And Tramy and Carrie, Blake and Adam." She adds to the list.

"I guess Gisa isn't gonna settle down, cause after her last girlfriend, she hasn't dated since."

"All well. It's good that she's independent, proves she's strong and doesn't need a man or a woman." I say a little to proud for a girl I've never even met.

"Your absolutely right." Mom says agreeing

"Maybe I'll like Gisa." I say

"Yeah, maybe, she's nice too, she's just a little older."

*~~~*

"Alright, everyone ready?" Dad asks while buttoning the cuff sleeves of his tux.

Everyone is dressed up, mom in a black dress that complements her skin. Ash Ford, Landon, Ace, and Reese are all in black tuxes as well as dad. And me in a red dress with flowers and lace, with red heels to match.

"Hello! Hello! Hello! Don't you all look amazing?" Carmoden says coming up from behind us with David trailing behind

"Oh, thank you. You two look amazing as well!" Mom says with a wide smile.

Carmoden is wearing a light green tux with a white shirt underneath and a dark green bow tie. David is wearing a white on white two piece. And both look dashing.

"Look, David how beautiful Raylynn looks. You look even more stunning every time that I see you." Carmoden says offering me a sweet little smile.

I return the smile and give a little twirl for them and chuckle.

"And those boys look as handsome as ever, the twins look so much older now." Carmoden says surveying them.

"Why thank you, at least someone noticed." Ace says sticking his tongue out at mom like he's three.

"I say you boys look handsome all the time, and it always makes you "uncomfortable"." Moms says quoting the word uncomfortable

"Anyway we've got a room full of red, silvers, and newbloods waiting. Come on." Says Carmoden and he leads us to a door at the end of the hall.

He pushes forward and the doors swing open soundlessly, to what looks to be around five hundred people. Some look up from their conversations and some don't. Either way, I don't like standing on these steps, vulnerable to hundreds of people.

"Here." Reese whispers in my ear and holds out and arm

I take it grateful for some kind of support.

And then Carmoden does the unthinkable.

"Ladies and gentlemen, may I welcome back... Titan and Ella Jesper, and their five children." He calls out loudly over the crowd

Now everyone has turned to look. And I feel like a prize goat being put on display. Reese leans in and squeezes my arm a little but it does nothing to calm my nerves. I try to give a smile, but it comes out all wrong and it probably looked like I just swallowed something sour.

Everyone starts clapping all at once and that just frays my nerves even more. And thankfully, it dies down and we can descend the stairs.

I rush towards Carmoden and grab him by the arm and whisper in his ear, "Please, never do that again." And he just pats me on the arm with a smile.