Chapter 19 Julien

I test the sample of the young brunettes blood and, in fact, find the mutation. I was correct! The impossible lives in young Raylynn and maybe even hundreds, thousands of other children. If there is one kid with the mutation, then there should be more.

"There is a mutation in Raylynn's blood, and I was thinking, to see if there are any other children living here with the same mutation, I could take samples from them as well." I explain to Sara.

I love that woman, she listens to me, even when I'm speaking complete jibberish. She puts up with my book obsession and my constant need for studying everything. She loves me as much as I love her.

"Sounds good, but Julien, you have to understand that they're just children. You have to be careful."

Before she could even finish speaking I was nodding my head up and down agreeing to whatever she has to say.

"Yes, yes, I know. I wouldn't want to hurt those kids. I'm simply going to ask for a blood sample, if they're not comfortable with is I'll take a saliva swab. Although, that will most likely be harder, seeing that the mutation is in their blood..." I trail off at the end.

I make my way back to my desk and sit down in the wooden chair.

"I will probably have to make a trip to Davison's library. That'll be fun." I tell her excitedly.

"Don't go all stir crazy on me, ok?" Sara says.

"Yes ma'am." I whisper, already too deep in my studies.

𝑇ℎ𝑖𝑠 𝑎𝑢𝑔ℎ𝑡 𝑡𝑜 𝑏𝑒 𝑔𝑜𝑜𝑑. I think to myself.