Chapter 15 Coriane

"I think we just witnessed the beginnings of a cliche high school romance." I whisper to Tristen and he nods watching the scene before us unfold.

"Weird." He sings.

"Yeah, tell me about it. Oh, and I already know that Shades gonna be mad." I say my lips curling into a little smile.

"Why?" Tris asks.

"Because, I think he's developed a little baby crush. And then all of a sudden some dude, lookin like a friggin male model, comes strutting in here with his beautiful mother hanging on his arm. Man, if I were him, I'd be intimidated by that." I rant.

"Yeah, me too." He says quietly and he looks down at me in the corner of his eye.

"What the hell are you doing, weirdo?" I ask laughing at the odd display of affection.

"What do you mean? I'm not doing anything." He says quickly.

He's acting stranger than usual.

"Why are you acting so weird?"

"I'm not. Your acting weird." He says defensively.

I furrow my brows and say, "Ok." Then turn back towards the group.

"Are you, um, going to sparring tomorrow?" Shade asks puffing his chest out a little and I snort.

And I hear Tristen chuckle behind me.

"I'm not sure yet. I have a lot to do tomorrow, you know, with unpacking and stuff like that?" Nevam says not paying much attention to the fact that my brother is trying to scare him.

Shade is barely an inch taller than Nevam, and is trying to use that little bit of height to tower over him. But it isn't doing much. Him and Nevam are built similarly, both tall and broad, but Nevam is a little thinner, more lean than Shade.

I can't help but notice the way everyone is keeping close attention to him. Dad hasn't tooken his eyes off of Nevam since he spotted him. Mom can't even look him in the eyes. What's there problem.

Only one way to find out.

I grab Farley's hand, knowing she'll be the one to most likely give me answers, and lead her a little ways from the rest of them.

"Why's everyone acting so weird with Nevam? Mom won't even look at his face and dad can't look away. And I keep seeing people from all the way across the room sneak little peaks at him." I say to her.

"It's nothing." She says simply trying to walk away but I block her path and she raises a scarred eyebrow at me.

She's way taller than me, I'm shorter than mom, not by much but shorter, and Farley freaking towers over me. So does everyone else though.

"What are you doing?" She asks.

"Not letting you leave until I get my answers," I say back.

She blows out a sigh, "Ok, well he looks like your uncle Maven."

"Really?" I asked turning back around to look at Nevam.

He looks how they described him, and I've only ever seen him in pictures, he died before me and Shade were born. But yeah, Nevam looks like him, alright. Diamond blue eyes, black bouncy curls that rest on his head like a crown, tall and built, pale. Regal, but he looks innocent and harmless, and lastly, he has a light silver blush crested on his high cheekbones... He's... Beautiful. He's silver. Through and through.