Chapter 12: Leaving Everything

Nate and I left the hospital as early as we could so we could go on and tell Kayden our new plan. I remembered that I had an emergency credit card with an unlimited balance and I’m pretty sure the cards under my mom’s name so he can’t cut it off. We were playing on staying at Nate’s dead Uncles house in LA.

We made it to Kayden’s house about an hour after we got released from the hospital, considering, Nate and I wanted some alone time (no they don’t have sex). Kayden came running out of his house and bear hugged me. He lifted me up in the arm causing me to let go of Nate’s hand. I wrapped my arms around him hugging him back. He finally put me down after a moment and I retreated back to Nate, where he wrapped his arm possessively around my waist.

“Did y’all figure out where we were going yet?” he asked leading us inside

“Yah I was thinking LA” I suggested sitting down in Nate’s lap

“LA? Hell yah, when do you want to leave?” he asked

“As soon as possible” I stated

“Then go get packed and I’ll get out my  mini trailer thing in the back for your motorcycle and the bags” he stated

We nodded and Nate and I headed back to his house.

On the way to Nate’s apartment I was thinking that I don’t have anything to wear in LA, I guess I can just get a whole new wardrobe once I get there. We reached his apartment and started packing, well he started packing, considering, I wasn’t bringing anything except about a bag full of stuff. I helped Nate pack up all of his stuff, which was surprisingly a lot of stuff.

I was packing up his stuff when I came across a teddy bear.

“Aw Nate” I giggled

He turned to face me, but when he saw what I was holding he turned bright red.

“Give me that” he said with a stern voice

“Or what?” I giggled again

He started running towards me and I squealed running away from him.

“Kailey please just give it back” he mumbled

He must be serious consider he used my full name. I stopped running from him and turned to face him.

“My mom gave me that when I was a baby it’s the only thing I have left of her”

“Oh I’m sorry I didn’t know” I said handing it back to him

He snatched the bear out of my hand then laughed

“I can’t believe I got you on that” he laughed again

I was about to slap him when his doorbell went off. We both froze, he never gets visitors.