Chapter 10: I Can't Believe It

Nate’s POV

I was sitting in her hospital room waiting for her to wake up. I can’t believe what that bastard made he do. I found her body flouting up to the surface. I was so scared that I had found her too late, but the doctor assured me that she was ok. If she was ok we would still be awake. We wouldn’t be in this hospital room if she was ok. I knew something like this was going to happen I just thought I was making it easier for her to cope with it she looked like she was ok, she acted ok too. I just don’t want her to go through this; I don’t want her to leave me. I can’t have another person leave me without me finally losing it. People wonder how I haven’t lost it yet, and in all honesty I don’t even know the answer to that.

I think in that tiny bit of time I’ve known her I’ve realized that I might be able to fall in love again. She might be able to change me for the better. She’s different, I thought.

The doctor walked in looking all professional with his clip board.

“We did some test to see what would have made her do what she did’ he said flipping through some papers.

“It seems she was on some drugs, some highly illegal and dangerous drugs. . . did you know about  that? He asked me

Shit! My eyes got wide and I tried my hardest to look shocked.

“Oh go! No I didn’t know, we just started dating recently, but it might have started when she found out about her dad cheating on her mom. She has been acting weirder since I had first met her, but I’ll make sure she gets help as soon as she’s better”

“You seem like a good man, I hope she realizes that. Just make sure she gets off those drugs, or next time you might not get there in time like you did today” he stated

“Yes sir thank you, and I bet she would be appreciative if you didn’t call her parents. At this moment it’s their fault she’s here right now and I would greatly appreciate if they weren’t here I don’t think she or I would handle that very well” I stated the truth

“I understand, but I will leave that up to Kailey for when she wakes up” the doctor said

“I understand I guess” I huffed

I knew she wasn’t going to want them here, but I guess he’s right I should be up to her not me. Then again nothing she does is up to me, considering, we aren’t even really dating. Damn we act like we are, but we’ve never made it official. She’s never said anything about it though. Maybe she doesn’t want to be anything, maybe she just wants to stay how we are.

She can also decide that. I wonder what she was thinking when she didn’t come up for air.

My hands were shaking from the lack of drugs and my nervousness.

My head shot over when the door walked in. I was Kayden I had called him after I had got her into the hospital.