Chapter 4: Suffering the Conscience

Picture of Nate and his butterfly tattoo

I woke up and it felt like a group of hippos trampled over my head. I rolled and ended up being blinded by light.

“Shit” I cussed rolling back around and landing on something hard.

I looked up to see what I hit and it ended up being a shirtless Nate. I couldn’t help, but look down at his chest. He had an eight pack and he had a black and white writing. It said na-ata ahụhụ, it was obviously a different language, but I didn’t know what it said.

I then remembered how bad my head hurt and groaned. Nate stirred then slowly opened his eyes.

“What’s with all the noise princess? I’m trying to sleep” he asked

“My head hurts” I pouted

He groaned and got out of bed and I soon realized that he was only in his boxers. I couldn’t help to watch as he stretched out his muscles, watching how the small butterfly tattoo on his upper left shoulder. I wonder why the biggest badass has a butterfly tattoo. He continued stretching and I continued to watching his various tattoos move with him. Hmmm I wanna get a tattoo, maybe I’ll get one today, or tomorrow who knows.

Nate strutted out of the room and I could hear him rummaging through what I think was a cabinet, and then he walked back in the room handing me two aspirins and a glass of water.  

“Thanks” I smiled

He nodded then laid back down in the bed. After I took the aspirins and placed the water on the nightstand, Nate pulled into his chest.

I giggled then said “Who would of thought that the biggest bad boy in the city end up cuddling with the biggest daddy’s princess?”

“You’re my princess now” he mumbled in the crook of my neck

“Aww is the bad boy getting soft” I teased

“Hell no, I just think you’re feisty and I like it”

“I wanna get a tattoo” I stated

Nate shifted to where he was leaning over me looking down at me.

“What?” He asked as if not believing me

“My dad hated tattoos, so I want one”         

He thought about it for a moment then said

“Ok, let’s go”

I nodded and got up soon realizing that I was still in my dress from last night.

“Um Nate, I don’t have any clothes” I stated

He thought for a moment then said

“My sister left some of her clothes a while back and you look like you’d fit in them” then walked out signaling me to follow him. I followed him into another room, and he started going through some boxes. He then threw some black shorts and a purple crop top that said ‘Don’t Fuck with Me’ in blue letters across the chest. Then he went rummaging through another box throwing a leather jacket and a pair of combat boots.

“Here put these on” he said

“What’s up with the leather jacket?” I asked it was, like, 74 degrees outside.

“I think leather’s sexy on a girl” and smirked

I rolled my eyes at him then motioned him to leave. He smirked again, but left.

I changed into the clothes and the shorts he gave me ended up being short shorts and the crop top showed half my stomach. I slipped on the boots and jacket, then walked back to Nate’s room. I walked in right as he was slipping on his black t-shirt . . . yummy! I coughed, and Nate turned around and smiled.