Chapter 9: Becoming Free

Waking up without anything in your system fucking sucks, and of course Kayden wasn’t there when we woke up, so we didn’t have anything to take. I was agitated and very irritable. I couldn’t stay focused on anything, my head way pounding, my entire body was shaken, and all I wanted to do was scream my head off.

“Nate” I whined “Don’t you have anything at your house?” I asked wiping another bead of sweat off my forehead.

“Babe if I did we wouldn’t be sitting here feeling like death right now” he said sounding just as irritated.

“Hmm let’s do something to help us forget about the craving for a while” I suggested

“What do you want to do then?” he asked

“Let’s go to the beach” I said grinning like a fool

“Sure, let’s go get our suits” he said grabbing my hand and dragging me out of Kayden’s house.

We hoped on his bike behind him wrapping my arms securely around him. We rode for about 10 minutes finally getting to his house. We rushed upstairs frantic to do something other than sitting on a bed for hours. I rushed to the room I had all my stuff in. I search for the one bikini my mother had convinced me to get the last time she was home from business. Lucky for me it was in one of the first boxes I had opened. It was a simple light purple bikini that showed off how tan my body was. I slipped into the bikini then walked out into the living room where Nate was sitting on his couch.

He wasn’t paying that much attention to me being he was zoned out. I being me decided to fuck with him; I jumped onto his lap straddling him. His face was priceless and then pissed and then he was smirking.

“Princess that wasn’t nice” he said smirking

“Haven’t you figured out that I’m not very nice anymore?”

He gripped onto my hips tight, but not too tight to where it hurt.

“Oh did I change daddy’s little good girl into a bad girl?” he asked sounding so innocent

“Hmm I don’t know about bad girl, but yes you have changed me” I admitted

He smiled instead of smirking and kissed me softly. When he pulled away we smiled at each other, and he rested his forehead against mine.

“I’m sorry” he whispered so softly to where I could barely hear him.

“For what?” I asked

“For making you pay the price of being free. For pulling you down this dark and lonely path. I just wanted someone to care” he admitted to me

“You didn’t pull me down any path, I chose this path for myself. If I didn’t I wouldn’t have left with you that night. I wouldn’t have taking that joint that day or gotten a tattoo. And I do care about you. I want you to know that Nate” I said