8

Everyone looked at Hunter. "He annoyin' as fuck", Zishan said, glaring at Jungkook over his shoulder. Jungkook had his arms crossed over each other, eyebrows furrowed. Zishan hated that he thought he looked like a cute, angry bunny.

"You find everybody annoyin, Z", Hunter said, patting his back. Hunter started to walk into the room, heading toward Jungkook who then stood up from his chair. "That's cause er'body is", Zishan said, finally walking out of the room.

Hunter smirked at his comment.

"How you holdin up, kook?", Hunter asked, placing a hand on Jungkook's shoulder. Jungkook tensed up at the contact, but his expression didn't falter.

"Not like you care, but I'm fine", Jungkook sassed, using all of his power to keep eye contact with the stronger man. Hunter's expression fell. He dropped his hand from his shoulder. "You must'a forgot who you talkin to, lil dude", Hunter said, voice raspy.

Jungkook unfolded his hands and looked away at the floor, beginning to feel nervous.

"I thought you said you wouldn't hurt me", Jungkook said. Hunter chuckled. "I won't, but that don't mean you can disrespect me like that. I got guys who would love to have a crack at you", Hunter said, stepping closer, making Jungkook step back.

Marques watched his father intimidate the young boy. This only proved Jungkook's father's words.

"Now, lemme ask again. How you doin?", Hunter asked. Jungkook hated that he fell into submission this quickly but he was a scrawny, short boy. What could he do to over power a man of his size?

"I'm alright", he said. He pouted as he said that. Hunter nodded. "Good. 'm glad they takin care of you. Marques, come here real quick", he said. Marques nodded and followed his father as he walked away from Jungkook so he won't hear their conversation.

Jungkook didn't know how to feel at that moment. Hunter was nice yet so mean. What did he mean by his statement? Did people want to kill him here?

Hunter stopped walking when he decided that he was far away enough.

He looked over Marques' shoulder and checked to see if Jungkook was spying. Jungkook had sat back down and was sitting on his hands, mumbling to himself, most likely cursing at Hunter under his breathe.

Hunter looked back at his son. "Did you do what I asked?", he asked his son. "Yea, he's getting more comfortable with us. I don't know what he's doing now though. Ya think it's cause of his dad?", Marques asked. "Gotta be. Make sure to get back on his good side and talk. Let me know anything, kay?", Hunter said. Marques nodded.

"Aight, imma let you handle that one. I'm out", Hunter said as he dapped his son. "Aight, see ya", Marques said with a head nod, making Hunter return the gesture.

Hunter looked back at Jungkook. "See ya, kook", he said. Jungkook waved hesitantly.

Marques turned toward Jungkook and began to walk to him. He sat on the bed behind him and sighed. He took the blunt from the back of his ear and pulled a lighter out. He flicked the lighter until it created a flame and began to burn the end of the blunt. He inhaled the smoke and put his lighter away.

He looked at Jungkook through the smoke that was emanating from the blunt and stared at the boy.

"You really get on Z's nerves, y'know", Marques said. Jungkook continued watching that dumb cartoon after turning the TV back on. "I don't care", he said. He did care. But why?

He hated Zashan but something inside wanted Zashan to stop hating him.

"I won't be around him all the time, and when he mad, there ain't no stopping him. Especially if you built like that. Just skin and bone", Marques ranted. Jungkook didn't really take the warning seriously.

There was silence between the two for a few seconds before Marques spoke again.

"So, what school you go to?", he asked. "Well, before you abducted me, I went to Darlton University", he said. Marques nodded. "Woah, you really said 'fuck Harvard', but it's as expected. Asians do be smart as hell. Or maybe you got in cause yo dad got money", he said. Darlton university is a place where geniuses are born. It's more advanced than Harvard or Yale combined and the graduation rate it %100 since they only allow a small amount of students in per year, around 7 at most.

Jungkook turned around to Marques.

"No, I got in because I'm hardworking and, like you said, smart as hell", Jungkook said matter-of-factly.

"Aight, whatever", Marques said.

Jungkook continued to stare at the older man. Marques stared back as he inhaled the smoke from his blunt. "Do you know when I'll be able to get out of here?", Jungkook asked. Marques shook his head and shrugged.

Marques saw tears beginning to form in Jungkook's big eyes. "Ain't no body here gonna hurt you, kook. Unless you keep actin up, no one is touching you", Marques reassured.

"I don't care about that, I just want to go home. You guys scare me and I don't want to be here. Not with you, or Hunter or even Z!", Jungkook said as tears fell down his eyes.

Marques nodded again. Jungkook was annoyed when he looked like he understood everything. He doesn't understand anything! He doesn't get that Jungkook hates how he misses one of his kidnappers, no matter how much he knows he should hate him.

"I know exactly what you need bro. Imma get you some chocolate. You on yo man period right? Chill here. Imma be back", Marques said as he stood up and made his way out of the door, making sure to lock it.

Jungkook watched in disbelief. Did he say man period? He is definitely high.

Marques made his way through the hallway and to the dining room/cafeteria. There sat Zishan, bouncing his leg and thinking harder than The Thinking Man.

Marques walked to him and sat next to him. "You good now?", he asked seriously. Zishan nodded his head. "I'm good", Zishan stated. Marques couldn't tell that he clearly was not fine because of his lucid state.

"Aight, cool. Get some chocolate for kook. Should be about two dollars plus tax. Get yourself something too, but get something small. I only got a five", Marques said. He pulled a bill out of his back pocket and handed it to Zishan.

Zishan looked at the bill and saw that it was a one hundred dollar bill. He looked up at Marques confused until he saw him puff a smoke.

"You high as hell, ain't you?", Zishan asked. "Wha? No, jus get the damn shit and give it to chopsticks. But hurry, he on his period", Marques said. He patted Zishan's back and stood up, walking out of the room.

Zishan shook his head in disbelief, laughing at his childish cousin.

Zishan, nevertheless, did what he was told. He left the building and went to the store across the street. He grabbed a Hershey bar for Jungkook and grabbed a blow pop and a Gatorade for tonight's basketball game with a couple of kids in the neighborhood.

He left the store and looked through his items to make sure he got everything. He looked at the lollipop and realized he got the wrong flavor. He turned around and went back.

"Hey, you mind if I switch dis wit another flava?", Zishan asked the cashier. "No returns. Sorry", he said.

"I was literally just in yo store. I ain't even open it yet. Just lemme swap it", Zishan said.

The cashier shook his head. Zishan felt himself get angry but decided that something as trivial as a lollipop isn't worth a murder charge. Zishan left.

He went back into the gang's building and headed toward Jungkook's room. He felt kind of relieved that he got to see Jungkook again even thought he was only gone for a few minutes.

He reached Jungkook's door and paused when he heard a sound.

It sounded like a small squeak from Jungkook. He quickly opened the door and widened his eyes at the sight.

----

I hope yall pronouncing Marques' name correctly. It's pronounced 'mar kees'.

Y'all, I'm sinking back into my old ways 😩. I'm so sorry I've been gone for 4 months. I have a bad procrastination issue and a few weeks suddenly turned into 16 🤡. Anywho, here you go.