13

Once the cousins realized they were far enough in the woods where they could still see Jungkook but Jungkook couldn't see them, they stopped walking.

"I 'ont think he really like you as much as I thought. You saw what he was tryin to do earlier when y'all first got here?", Marques said. Zishan looked over at the boy. "He didn't try nothin though. He listened to me", Zishan said, turning back to his cousin. He didn't know whether he was trying to convince his cousin of his words or himself.

Marques shrugged. "We'll just see if he try somethin right now. In the mean time, I really gotta piss", he said as he unzipped his pants. Zishan turned back to Jungkook. Zishan watched as Jungkook looked in the direction of the boys and then looked at the blunt he was holding and sniffed it lightly, quickly retreating his head away from it from its strong smell.

"Don't fuck up, kook", Zishan whispered to himself, staring intensely at the boy.

Jungkook looked at the lake again. He thought about what he was currently doing. He had two options: run away or stay. Both options seemed like a bad thing to him.

If he stayed, he might not have another opportunity like this to run away again and he doesn't know what these thugs would do to him eventually if his father doesn't come up with the money somehow.

If he tried to run away, these thugs could catch him since he isn't very fast at running, plus the oversized clothes that he is wearing could slow him down. If he did manage to run away successfully, he wouldn't be able to see Zishan anymore.

Jungkook sighed. He didn't know why he included that last thought.

He looked back over to the direction of the boys and then back at the blunt. He made up his mind. He's going to run.

He needs to stop these unrealistic thoughts that he's having about him and the boys. They aren't friends. They never have been and never will be. Jungkook knew this. He placed the blunt down on the ground next to him.

He looked at his lap, feeling his heart thump uncontrollably in his chest. He had tried to run away before and it had come so easily to him. Why was it so challenging now?

He inhaled a deep breathe and quickly stood up. He turned in the opposite direction that the cousins had went and ran as fast as he could, kicking some dirt up behind him. He felt the adrenaline rushing through him as he used all his strength to run as far away from the lake as his body would let him.

"Chopsticks!", he heard a voice yell. He couldn't tell if it was Zishan or Marques but he wasn't stopping to find out. He jumped over a log and continued running straight. His mind was blank while running, other than the thought of finding an exit to the woods. He was looking for a light. Any light.

As he was evading numerous obstacles while running for his freedom, he began to realize that he didn't know where he was going and that he had been running for a while. He looked behind him and saw nothing.

He furrowed his eyebrows in thought, looking around him, and began to slow down until he stopped running completely. He had let out a big breathe he had forgotten he was holding and was panting loudly. He looked all around him. It was pitch black and he couldn't see anything besides things that were close up to him.

He looked up to the sky but couldn't see the moon since the forest was so dense. He quickly looked to his left when he heard a twig snap. He gasped at different sounds coming from all around him. From frogs croaking to acorns falling. He was panting frantically and was on the verge of crying.

He was lost.

Jungkook's eyes began to well up as he continued to stumble around in the woods. He walked cautiously, making sure to walk in a straight line as much as he could.

A few seconds later, he looked behind him and wasn't watching where he was going and tripped. A small yelp escaped him as he fell to the ground. That did it for him. He couldn't hold it in anymore and he began to cry. He grabbed a fist full of dirt and slammed it on the ground.

He curled up into a ball and cried. Jungkook began rethinking what he had done. Maybe if he had waited until they were out of the woods to run then he wouldn't be lost right now. Or maybe he should have waited for a better opportunity. So many thoughts of what he could have done differently ran through his mind.

He hated everything. Anything he could try would result in some sort of bad consequence for him.

Jungkook closed his eyes and began listening to the sounds of the woods. Crickets chirped and the wind howled through the trees. He laid there for a while as he thought about spending the night and how that doesn't sound so bad despite the cold air biting at his legs and face.

Suddenly a faint crunch sound appeared. It sounded like footsteps. It was getting louder and seemed to be going in Jungkook's direction. Maybe it was a wolf.

Jungkook kept his eyes closed and waited for the wolf to approach him. He could play dead. Jungkook squeezed his eyes as the footsteps became almost unbearably loud. They had reached him now.

He heard them come in front of him and just wanted the wolf to pass and leave him alone. He just wanted to lay down in peace. He heard the low growl and panting from the animal and began to lightly shiver out of fear.

"Kook".

Jungkook jumped from the voice. He slowly opened his eyes. He looked up at the crouching person and thought he may have died. It wasn't a wolf after all. It was an Angel. Jungkook slowly began to sit up and his eyes began to well up again.

"Z", Jungkook whimpered. He leaped forward and engulfed Zishan into a hug, beginning to cry again. "I'm sorry, Z. Please take me out of here", he pleaded, squeezing Zishan harder. Zishan didn't know what to say. He was beyond pissed when he approached the boy but that suddenly dissipated when Jungkook hugged him.

"Please", Jungkook begged weakly. Zishan looked at the back of his head. Zishan decided that he could punish him later. Right now he just needed to get him out of the woods.

"Alright, I gotchu", Zishan said. He put one arm around his back and one under his legs and picked him up. Jungkook went limp in his arms and enjoyed the new warmth.

Zishan walked in the direction he had just come from and made sure he walked calmly for Jungkook. They had walked for a while until they reached the exit of the woods. Marques was waiting angrily for them. He looked over at the duo and walked toward them.

Zishan had his eyebrows furrowed out of anger and looked up at Marques as he approached. "Before you say sum, I'm pissed the fuck off at this dude too, but we gon wait til tomorra' to do shit", Zishan said. Marques looked down at Jungkook who had his eyes closed and was snuggling against Zishan.

"If he do sum dumb shit like dis again, I swear imma beat his ass, Z", Marques said loudly before turning around in the direction of their gang's building.

Zishan followed Marques. On the way back to the base, Zishan thought that Jungkook didn't favor him over the other members after all. This test proved that. Perhaps it was him who began to favor the boy.

Zishan sighed and continued to follow his older cousin.

Once they got inside, he placed the now sleeping Jungkook on his bed. He looked over him as he snores lightly. He noticed that some of his beauty had returned. Zishan walked out of the room.

The next morning, Jungkook woke up from a person shaking him and yelling. He slowly stirred awake and opened his eyes. He gasped at what was in front of him.

Hunter was standing in front of him with a gun in hand to his side.

"Come wit me", he said angrily.

I'm just as surprised as you are. 3 chapters in 1 week is practically unheard of from me. Although that's not a good thing 🗿. But anywho, a lot happened here today, and that's just the first layer of cake. Also make sure to drink water today 🤨 yea I see those dry ass lips