5

Minjun was sitting at his office desk, leg bouncing out of nervousness as he formulated a plan. Jungkook's school had called. They asked where Jungkook was and Minjun had to lie and say that he was sick. They believed him but he would have to come up with another lie soon. It might take a while before Jungkook is back with his father. It has already been three days.

Minjun bit his fingernail, spacing out. Then a knock sounded at his door. He snapped out of his thoughts and looked up at the door. "Come in!", he said loudly. The person behind the door slowly opened it. It was the receptionist.

"What do you have for me today?", he asked her. Her heels were clicking as she strutted into the office space. She sighed and placed a file on his desk. "The Kim family can't pay the money in one transaction. They've requested to be able to make payments. Should I call them and decline their offer?", she asked. Minjun placed a hand on his chin and looked at the document.

"No, that should be fine. Let them choose the amount they wish to pay each month", he stated. The receptionist nodded and left the room.

Minjun placed the file down on his desk. "At least I know they want to pay the money back", he said to himself as he stretched his arms over his head.

Suddenly, an idea struck him. He gasped and looked at the phone on his desk. He scrambled to pick up his phone and dialed the number.

After a few rings, a deep voice was heard on the other end of the phone. "Hi, it's Minjun, I need to tal-", he got out before he was interrupted. "Who?", the person asked. Minjun rolled his eyes. "John", he said, flatly. A chuckle was heard. "Oh, wassup John?", he said.

"I'm good, I was wondering if I could talk to you about something, Hunter", he said.

"Alright, shoot".

"About the money, I-".

"If you say you can't pay it, there's gonna be some problems".

"No, no. On the contrary. I found a way that I can pay you the money".

"Aight, what is it"

"Instead of paying you the money all at once, I can make multiple payments over a span of just a few weeks",

The phone was silent. Hunter seemed to be contemplating if that was a good deal or not. Minjun bit his lip in anticipation.

"Aight, how much we talking. You do owe me a lot of money so I want to make sure you not gon' just send over pennies"

"I was thinking maybe $500,000 every few days"

"You playin' wit me? That's gon' take more than just a few weeks"

Minjun was hoping that he was bad at math but his efforts failed.

"But that's the best I can do if you want your money back fast"

Hunter chuckled.

"$1,000,000 every week"

Minjun gripped his phone tight.

"That's insane!"

"I gotta remind you that you owe me?"

Minjun pinched the bridge of his nose out of frustration. He looked around his office. Maybe he could come up with am idea fast before the conversation ends.

He couldn't.

"Alright. But I have one condition"

Hunter hummed.

"If I'm going to be paying such a ridiculous amount every week, I want to see my son everytime I make a payment".

Hunter smirked.