14

*This was already in warnings but people don't like to read warnings and then be in comment sections saying stuff so imma say it now, there is a death scene. This is the only time imma repeat a warning*

------

Jungkook gulped at the large man in front of him. He slowly slipped from under the covers and stood up. "Hunter, I-," Jungkook got out before he was interrupted. "Jus get up," Hunter said, swinging his gun to gesture Jungkook to follow him. Hunter turned to leave as the scared Jungkook followed at a cautious distance.

Hunter walked down the hall, Jungkook not far behind, with the silence making Jungkook feel more and more anxious. He was terrified.

After about 2 minutes of walking, Hunter opened a door and looked inside. He looked over at Jungkook. "Come own", Hunter said, walking into the room. Jungkook walked toward the doors and turned to walk inside the room. There was a man who was really beat up and on his knees. He looked angry and was saying some pretty harsh words to the men standing around him.

Jungkook didn't know what the man did but thought it was pretty stupid to be saying stuff like that to people who clearly had the upper hand. Hunter walked to the group of men and said some things too quiet for Jungkook to hear.

Hunter looked over at him and began walking to him. He walked past Jungkook until he was standing behind him. Jungkook looked behind himself, not feeling safe at all with Hunter being in a place where he couldn't see.

"Dat dude right there, he a opp. A fuckin' rat. You gon see what we do to dudes who tryda play us", Hunter said. Although he sounded calm, Jungkook knew he was very upset. Jungkook watched the man on his knees continue to bark back at the things that the men above him were saying.

He continued to look at the man on his knees. It was almost impossible to realize it, but he was one of the men who tried to take Jungkook away from his kidnappers. Jungkook guessed he must have been undercover or something.

Suddenly, one of the men pulled out a gun and pointed it to the kidnapper. The man grew more aggressive at the action and told the man to shoot him because he wasn't going to snitch. Jungkook began to grow anxious. He turned to Hunter and tears started to well up in his eyes. "I'm sorry for what I did but I can't watch this, please", Jungkook said as he turned away from the scene and tried to exit the room. Hunter grabbed him and he began to wiggle around frantically.

"No! Please! I don't want to watch that!", Jungkook said crying. Hunter held on to the boy tight and looked at the man holding the gun. He nodded at him and the man cocked the gun. Jungkook heard the gun and squirmed in the bigger man's arms even more and started to yell.

A shot was heard within the room. Jungkook jumped from the loud noise and heard a body fall. He stood still, staring at the ground with wide eyes. He heard his heart pounding through his ears and felt sick to his stomach. He went almost limp in Hunter's arms.

"Keep actin up and you gon be layin right dere wit 'im", Hunter said in a low, threatening voice. Jungkook didn't respond. He was too out of it. Never in his life did he expect to witness a murder, let alone any death. He let the tears roll down his face as he started to thank the heavens above for himat least not witnessing the death with his eyes.

Hunter pushed Jungkook off of him and watched as Jungkook staggered back a little. He saw how disturbed he was and told him to follow him. Jungkook felt very weak in the knees but followed the man back to his room nonetheless.

After about an hour or two, Jungkook jumped at the sudden noise of the door opening. Marques peeked from behind the door. Jungkook stared at him. Marques walked completely in and left the door cracked. "I heard what happened", he said, looking over the younger boy. Jungkook looked away.

His eyes began to tear up again. Of course he heard. It seems like news spreads like a wild fire in here. He was always the laughing stock of this place, and the people here didn't care about him at all. He should expect that since he did get kidnapped by them. He's not one of them, no matter how much he wants to get closer to Marques and Zishan.

"I just don't understand. Why did he do that?", Jungkook asked. Marques sighed and slowly walked closer to him. "How can someone just kill another person like that? I-", he got out before sobbing in the bed. Marques was next to him now and crouched down to pat his back. He felt Jungkook trembling under his hand.

"Well, this might not be what you wanna hear but we live different lives, man", Marques started. "We live in a environment where we gotta do things to survive. Do we do bad shit too? Yeah, we do. But we got put in a loop where other people do bad stuff to us so we do bad shit back."

Jungkook tried to make sense of it all. He thought about what he was saying and felt bad for the man.

"I'm not justifyin our actions, I'm jus explainin. Cause sometimes people do some fucked up shit jus so they can be seen as hard and tough. I don't agree wit dat. And neither does Zishan", Marques said.

Jungkook sniffled and looked over at him. "We got dragged in here from a young age. I was able to fit in pretty well but not everyone is made for dis life. Like Z. He wasn't made for dis and I never felt comfortable with him being in here. But this is just what we grew up wit. This shit goes from one generation to da next and we got not choice but to do it sometimes".

"You do have a choice. You can just leave", Jungkook said. Marques shook his head and stood up, walking toward the TV. "Some people are just stuck and you can't do nothin about it", he said. Jungkook furrowed his eyebrows and looked down.

"That doesn't even make sense", he mumbled.

The room was silent for a few seconds before the door creaked. Both Jungkook and Marques looked over. Zishan stood at the door and was staring at Jungkook."You heard too, I guess", Jungkook said, sniffing and turning away.

Zishan squinted his eyes a little and looked over at Marques. "Yo dad keep makin our job harder. Why the fuck would he do that?", Zishan said a little harshly.

Marques looked back at the TV stand and was looking through the new DVD's and tapes they gave him. "Ione know why you askin me. Go talk to yo uncle bout that", Marques said. Zishan looked back at Jungkook. "Cmon, chopsticks", Jungkook looked over at him. He stood up slowly and walked to the door.

"Where yall goin?", Marques asked. "Bath", Zishan said, closing the door behind them. Marques scoffed. "He shouldn't be in this life", Marques whispered to himself.

After Zishan had ran the water for Jungkook and gave him a rag to wash himself with, they began to talk. "Have you ever done anything like that?", Jungkook asked. Zishan looked down. "Nah. My unc know I don't fuck wit dat typa stuff", Zishan said, his silver chain dangling from his neck with it distracting Jungkook from the rest of the world and his own thoughts.

"Good", Jungkook said softly. Zishan looked over at Jungkook. He looked more relaxed.

Zishan thought it was a good idea to give him a bath since maybe he felt dirty after going through what he did.

He just hoped he didn't notice the blood on the back of Jungkook's shirt.

-----
🤚🏾 Don't ask why it's been a year. But erm, here ya go. Can't believe I finished this while sitting outside of my college's dining hall. Ngl it was distracting cause people kept walking by but it's done finally. But fr I am honestly sorry that it took so long. I wasn't in the mood for writing for a while, as you can obviously tell 💀. But the next chapter will def be sooner than a year 😭. Okay see yall later and I hope yall liked this chapter.

Also I keep feeling like the story doesn't make sense so let me know if something is confusing then I'll see if I can change it.