7

Marques looked over at Zishan. "He's seeing his dad?", he asked him. Zishan nodded, still looking at the boy walk happily out of the room. "Unc is letting him", Zishan said, standing up and following Jungkook. "And where are you goin?", Marques asked with a smirk. Zishan looked back at his cousin. "It's my turn to watch him, so Imma watch him", he said. Marques looked over at Jungkook who was standing beside the man outside of the room.

Marques looked back at Zishan. "Aight. I'll come wichu", Marques said, standing up. "You don't have to", Zishan said. It was weird that Marques was doing this. He was usually really lazy and let other people do things that he was supposed to do. It is a suprise that he is so fit.

"Nah, I'm coming", Marques said, patting Zishan's shoulder. Zishan looked at him in confusion but walked out of the room with him anyway.

They walked up the hall, all four of them, until they stopped in front of a door. The gangster unlocked and opened the door to the room.

"Appa!", Jungkook said, excitedly. Minjun turned toward the door and saw his son standing there, surrounded by thugs. "Come here, Jungkook", he said in a hurried tone, waving his son over to him.

Jungkook smiled and quickly made his way to his father. Zishan watched as Jungkook skipped a little when going to his father.

"Hey", Jungkook said, reaching his father and standing beside him. Minjun grabbed Jungkook by his shoulders and pulled him down to his level, where he was sitting.

Jungkook was caught off guard by the harsh movement and looked at his father with a look of confusion.

Minjun looked desperate. "Jungkook, are you okay? Did they hurt you? Did they touch you?", Minjun asked, the last question quieter than the rest, as he looked over Jungkook's shoulder to look at the thugs who were staring at the two. Jungkook furrowed his eyebrows at the man.

"No, they have been nothing but nice to me. I like it here", Jungkook said. Minjun looked at his son with a look of anger. He almost burst a blood vessel when Jungkook said that.

"Jungkook, this is not a joke. These people kidnapped you and mean you harm if I don't come up with the money that I owe them in a few months", Minjun scolded.

"But I made friends-", Jungkook got out. "They are NOT your friends. They are nothing but thugs who kill and steal for fun. I should have never made a deal with these people", Minjun said, shaking Jungkook while talking. Zishan looked at what Jungkook's father was doing to him, not even caring about what he was calling his gang, and furrowed his eyebrows, stepping forward. Marques saw what Zishan was doing and stopped him by putting an arm on his chest. Zishan looked over at his cousin.

"What are you doin?", Marques asked. Zishan stepped back and shook his head, licking his lips after. "Nothin", he said. He had this protective feeling over Jungkook for some reason and didn't even realize it.

Minjun dropped his hands from his son's shoulders and stood up after seeing Zishan step forward. He thought Zishan was mad at what he had called them. He placed his fingers on his chin and his other hand on his hip, beginning to pace on one side of the table.

Jungkook watched his father do the action as he thought.

Jungkook realized that his father was right. These are gangsters. They hurt people whenever and however they want.

Jungkook hadn't been taking this situation as seriously as he should have and thought that he had made friends in the few days he had been there.

Zishan said it himself that they weren't friends.

Jungkook felt anger begin to build up inside of him. How could he ever think that these people cared about him?

They were messing with him, weren't they? Marques giving him that food, Zishan letting him bathe, Hunter saying that he won't let anything happen to him? Was it all an act?