.eleven

"Malia, um, why don't you go get some breakfast?" Maeve suggested.

Malia glanced around the room, sensing the awkwardness as she hurried out the room and into the kitchen.

Isaac looked up in surprise as Malia stumbled into the kitchen, "Oh, hi."

He'd heard lots of Malia, especially from Scott and Stiles who were texting him questions every five minutes, but had actually yet to meet her. Malia stared at him uncertainly, slowly sitting down opposite him at the table, Dean was beside her but he was asleep in his chair which was no surprise.

Isaac sensed her nerves, "I'm Isaac. You're Malia, right?"

Malia nodded, hesitantly taking a box of cereal from the middle of the table. Isaac smiled softly as he handed her a bowl, sighing in relief as she slowly took it and didn't think of it as some attack.

Luna broke the awkwardness as she rushed into the room from the patio, the beast she called a cat in her arms,"Have you seen Cinderella? I've lost him."

"I thought Cinderella was a girl," Malia looked at the small girl, completely puzzled.

Isaac chuckled, "it's easier not to ask."

Malia nodded in thanks, watching in amusement as Luna froze in fright, Derek's voice ringing out from upstairs.

"Luna get your cat before I throw it right back at Stiles' head!"

Back in the living room, Talia send Maeve a warning glance as Peter only grew more angry. He knew something was being kept from him, Maeve was good at lying but this was just a step too far, Peter could read straight past her guilty face.

Maeve awkwardly smiled, "Okay before you start shouting please remember I have two babies upstairs who I've just got to sleep after a long night. So please, for my sanity - don't shout."

"Why did that girl smell like me? Like family?" Peter questioned slowly, "Who is she?"

"Peter, just calm down for a minute," Talia interrupted, Peter waved her off.

"I'll calm down when someone tell me what the hell is going on!" He exclaimed, but kept slightly quiet before Maeve freaked out, "You two know something - something you've known for a long time, I take it!"

"Malia's your daughter," Maeve rambled before Talia could stop her, "You only just found out and Talia removed your memory!"

Maeve took a deep breath, stumbling back against the bookshelves lining the back wall, "God, I've wanted to say that for a long time."

Peter was frozen in shock, he didn't understand - how could he have a daughter out there and not know? How could Maeve keep that from him? Why did Talia choose to keep it from him? He wasn't angry, he wasn't hurt, he just felt confused.  Before Maeve could tell him more or before Talia could justify her decisions, he turned and walked out, his heart and his mind burning as he tried to come to a conclusion - any conclusion, at all.

"Well that went well," Maeve sighed, glancing at Talia warily, "He hates us."

"He doesn't hate us," Talia argued, "He's just shocked. He will get over it."