ten

Maeve and Laura walked out of the library doors, finishing a before class revision session whilst Derek was at basketball practice.

Maeve smiled as Derek wrapped his arms around her shoulders from behind, turning to look up at him, "How was practice?"

"Boring." Derek mumbled, leaning down to kiss her before moving to walk at her side.

Laura groaned, scrunching up her nose at the sight of the couple, sarcastically waving as she walked away "Ew, goodbye!"

Maeve laughed at her friend whilst Derek rolled his eyes, making their way over to their lockers.

Maeve barley noticed as she bumped into Milo, muttering an apology, continuing to flick through her notes from the class. Derek on the other hand, glared at Milo until the basketball player was out of sight.

Maeve looked up from her book, noticing Derek's glare, turning to look down the crowded hallways, she laughed noticing who he was glaring at.

"So I was thinking," Derek leant against the lockers as Maeve unlocked her own, rushing to catch a pile of books coming tumbling out.

Maeve stacked the books back on the shelf, gazing over to Derek playfully "Thats a first."

Maeve grinned as Derek's glare aimed at her, "Maybe we should spend the whole summer in San Fransisco."

"I haven't even been accepted yet, D. Neither as Archie," Maeve reminded him with a sigh.

Maeve and Archie had applied to Stanford week ago, still not hearing back made them nervous but for once Derek was the one full of confidence.

"You two are gonna pass, you're like walking criminal law books." Derek argued, tossing his backpack to the ground, pulling on his denim jacket "So I figured we could check it out over spring break before the summer."

Maeve applied her berry shaded lipstick in the small mirror hanging on the door, "Mhm, your moms agreeing to that?"

"She didn't until I said Archie was going." Derek replied with a grin, Maeve laughed shaking her head.

"The perks of a sensible friend." Maeve muttered, tossing her lipstick back into her bag, Derek's sudden interest in her makeup bag going unnoticed.

Picking up a small clear bottle with a frown, Derek unscrewed the lid, only to cough loudly, passing the bottle quickly back to Maeve as he groaned "What the hell is that?"

Maeve rolled her eyes as she took the bottle back, Derek now resorting to walking over to the open window, taking in the fresh air, "Nail polish remover."

"I thought it was perfume?" Derek exclaimed, Maeve shook her head disapprovingly, picking up hers and Derek's bags, making her way over to him.

"No perfume would smell like that," Maeve laughed passing Derek his backpack, holding his hand as they walked down the hallway"Come on."

Derek stared at the folder in her handbag hanging above her hip, leaning over her shoulder to look at it "Is that the homework?"

"Please tell me you did it." Maeve rolled her eyes already knowing the answer, shoving the folder further into her bag.

"I watched you do yours." Derek grinned sheepishly, Maeve sighed, pushing open the doors to the car park "Your mom loves me, I'll be fine."

Maeve chuckled knowingly, "Don't speak so soon."

Derek jumped as Maeve squealed embarrassingly, holding onto his ears as she went bounding down the path, holding her arms In the air as she cheered "There he is!"