.eighteen

"Oh Maeve, stop crying!"

Maeve sniffled, laughing as Derek leant over and wiped away her tears, "I can't stop crying, leave me alone! she's so beautiful, you guys."

Jamie let out a loud scoff, stretching out on the hospital bed earning a whack from his wife, "She's my child, of course she is."

"Our child," Amara corrected, cradling the bag of French Fries Maeve had bought her.

Archie grinned knowingly at Maeve and Derek, waving gently down at the tiny baby in her godmothers arms, "Ive heard that argument before."

Derek rolled his eyes at Archie, turning to the new parents, "What's her name?"

"Eloise Maeve Walsh," Amara smiled tiredly.

Maeve blinked up at the couple, "Really?After me?"

"No, after the other Maeve we know," Jamie waved her off, laughing at Maeve's affronted stare, "Yes, after you! You've proved yourself worthy of godmother and middle name rights after raising your three rugrats."

Archie nudged Derek's shoulder competitively, "Which one of us is godfather then?"

"Neither of you," Jamie said mischievously.

Archie and Derek looked to each other in surprise, asking in unison, "Who?!"

"You are my firstborns godfather," Derek reminded, smirking at Archie deviously, "And I raised three kids. Who's better than me?"

Maeve rolled her eyes, handing Eloise back to Amara before Derek and Archie started fighting.

"I have been a fine Godfather to Luna, thank you very much," Archie reminded bitterly, "And I'm a lawyer."

"What does being a lawyer have to do with it?" Derek scoffed.

"You, have two other children which I'm not godfather to," Jamie said pointing at Derek, turning the point to Archie, "And you won't tell me who your boyfriend is. So neither of you are getting it!"

"We haven't given the twins godparents yet!" Derek protested sourly.

Jamie raised his brows, "And who are they going to be?"

"Stiles and Cora for Freddie Peter and Jazz for Rory," Maeve butted in before Derek could say anything.

Jamie hummed, turning to Archie, "Anything to tell us, Archibald?"

"Not if you call me Archibald," Archie grumbled.

Maeve shared an amused look with Amara before stating, "Archie's dating my old partner, remember Collins?"

"How the hell did you know that?" Archie exclaimed, looking at the now awake baby apologetically, "Sorry!"

"I'm a detective," Maeve pointed out obviously, "Just tell us who her godfather is and be done with it, James."

Unluckily for Derek and Archie, Laura burst through the door with a baby basket and a collection of balloons.

"Seeing as Luna has two godfathers, it's only fair my daughter has two godmothers," Jamie grinned, "Laura is also Ellie's godmother."