.seven

"Where's your dad, and why's no one been able to contact him?" Agent McCall quizzed.

"I don't know. I haven't seen him in hours," Stiles lied.

Elizabeth hurried down the hallway, Maeve had called her frantic earlier to come get Stiles and had barley gave any information. Elizabeth hoped nothing worse had happened than everything in the past few days, but then she spotted the FBI parked outside.

Agent McCall looked to the teen suspiciously, "Is he drinking again?"

Stiles frowned, sitting up "What do you mean, again?"

"That's enough, Agent McCall," Liz interrupted with a glare, catching the end of their conversation.

"I was questioning him," Rafael stated innocently, Stiles scoffed and Elizabeth rolled her eyes.

"You can bring it up with his sister," Elizabeth added pointedly, taking Stiles' arm, "I believe she's a colleague of yours."

Glaring once more at the surprised detective, Elizabeth tugged Stiles down the hallway, "Come on, we're going home."

As they approached her car, Elizabeth noticed Stiles' anxious jittering straight away. Elizabeth caught his arm before he could get inside the car.

"Stiles," She began gently, smiling sadly at his tired eyes, "They'll find your dad, okay? He's going to be fine."

Stiles sighed, leaning back against her car, "he's just - he's not used to all of this, and I never told him cause of something like this happening."

"Stiles, your dad isn't stupid, and actually he's a lot stronger than everyone thinks," Elizabeth comforted, "This isn't your fault, it isn't Maeve's fault, it's not anyone's fault other than the lunatic who took him."

Stiles looked at Elizabeth strangely, unsure about this side to her that he never saw, "my dad, uh, he's really okay with all of this? He's not angry?"

"Stiles, there was a time I can remember your father being just as fascinated by werewolves as you are," Elizabeth patted his arm, "Don't worry, I promise you he will be okay."

Stiles stood silently before deciding to hug his fathers ex wife. Elizabeth blinked in surprise, but thankfully this was far less awkward than the pat on the arm.

Stiles finally felt calm knowing there was someone out their who understood his dad other than him and Maeve, and for a moment, he didn't feel as alone anymore.

"Careful," Peter warned, sharing a cautious look with his sister was they watched Derek take away Luna's pain.

Luna hadn't improved since they'd returned from the hospital and the family was growing concerned about what to do next, as well as their worry of the missing parents.

"Don't worry," Derek panted, letting go of Luna's arm, "I know going too far could kill me."

Maeve cradled Luna closer, it was awful to watch her daughter in so much pain, she knew Derek felt responsible, but Maeve could only take so many worries at once and hoped that Derek would be able to handle it.