.one

FOUR MONTHS LATER

Maeve was back in the country for an hour before she had to rush off to a job interview in Los Angles, leaving Derek tasked with getting the remaining Hales back to Beacon Hills without suspicion. 

Maeve was originally hesitant about the interview she'd been contacted for,  and not the other way around, but now sat in the office, she was even more confused. FBI Agent Daniels sat down at his desk after handing Maeve a contact.

Maeve looked to the papers in complete disbelief, "What are you trying to say?"

"We, this department, are well aware of the supernatural," Agent Daniels replied, "It is our job to separate supernatural cases from human ones, solving them, ensuring those responsible are punished appropriatel and most impotently to protect both sides of humanity."

Maeve sat up in her seat, "But- But you want me to be department head? Am I even qualified?"

"Protecting the rights of the supernatural is no easy job, Miss Hale. But I am quite aware of just what's happening in Beacon Hills, and fully confident that you are perfect for this position."

"What, because I'm a werewolf?" Maeve questioned defensively.

Agent Daniel's shook his head, unfazed as he scanned some papers on his desk, "Well this tells me that Diana Hale has the most solved cases compared to her co-workers, that is correct, is it not?"

Maeve nodded slowly.

"It also tells me you are part of prominent families in both the supernatural and hunting groups. You escaped an arson attempt and helped rescue three members of the household," Agent Daniels continued, "You have covered up at least ten supernatural cases to blend with the human's without any suspicion, including multiple involving a Kanima. Oh, of course, not forgetting hiding two supernatural fugitives."

Maeve blushed, "So, tell me Ms Hale, do you still believe you're unqualified?"

"I - well, maybe - its just this is the FBI, i'm only a detective-" Maeve stumbled over her words.

Agent Daniels stood, motioning for Maeve to follow, "I may have something to convince you."

Maeve followed Daniels down a dimly lit corridor, wrapping her lilac blazer tighter around her as a chill hit her arms. Daniels unlocked a heavy door, revealing a row of holding cells in the room.

Maeve cautiously stepped towards the cells, blinking in surprise as she spotted Gerard sat inside one, a black substance leaking from his nose.

Maeve's nose scrunched in disgust, turning to Daniels, "You arrested him?"

"He's committed enough crimes, don't you think?" Daniels replied, paying no mind to Gerard's seething glare.

Maeve sighed, turning to her grandfather, "Gerard."

"I see you've infiltrated the family with more monsters," Gerard spat, nodding at Maeve's protruding stomach.

"Always nice to have more werewolves in the family, isn't it?" Maeve smiled tauntingly, laughing as Gerard hit the glass, "I bet one day there will be even more, sucks having both your granddaughters in love with werewolves, right?"

Sensing a confrontation, Daniels stepped between Maeve and the glass, "He's all yours. Whatever punishment seems needed."

Maeve's eyes lit up, "You don't happen to have a machete, do you? Gerard likes cutting things in half, don't you?"