4

Rosemary was driving quickly out of the city after what happened. She had bandaged up her wounds messily while driving and would have to make a stop eventually. She would need gas, proper tending to, and to change, but would wait until she was at least a state away.

This run in was way to close for her liking. The action and chase was thrilling but dying was not an option. It was never an option for her. She quickly mourned the loss of her favorite dagger. She had it specially made and it wasn't cheap either. Unfortunately, her life was more important than the dagger.

After a few hours she pulled into a rest stop. While she was filling her tank she looked at her arm. She took off the bloody bandage and put a new one on it. It wasn't deep but it was large. She tied the bandage using her right hand and teeth. Her ear was fine. It stopped bleeding a while ago but had dried blood on it. She used a wipe to clean it before digging in the back seat for a change of clothes. She left the pants and put a zip up over her sports bra before driving off again. A motel stop would be necessary at some point.

"This thing is pretty cool," Luca said twirling the dagger around the table. It had a gold blade with a crystal handle. There was a gold piece at the bottom and two more pieces that came out where the blade did. Inside the crystal part was rose petals. He looked closer on the blade and his eyes widened. "Dude, dude."

"What?!" Damon asked coldly. He was not in the mood for Luca's games right now.

"Look at the initials on her dagger," he said and handed it to him. He took it in his hands and looked at the blade. "R. J. V."

"So her name is definitely not Leigh Reese. It's too vague to find out anything else. Search up the fake name and see if you can find anything," he order to Mitch. The fresh bruise still decorating his face.

"Uh, boss," Mitch said after a few minutes, "I got an address," he said with a smile. After what happened at the dock he wouldn't mind seeing her dead either.

"Looks like we are going to pay our friend a little visit," Damon said smirking.

"Her apartment is in L.A. Makes sense she would hide in the city," Mitch said while forwarding the address to Damon. Damon's phone dinged and he looked at it.

"If she's driving she won't be home yet," Jay informed them.

"Then we wait. Let's go," Damon said and stood up from his spot. They all got in the car except for Mitch and Jay. Jay could still barely walk and Luca struggled but he still could. They pulled up to a building in the middle of L.A. and looked at the building. It seemed like every other apartment building in the city.

"Think she keeps a key under the mat?" Luca asked jokingly. Damon felt above the door and felt the small metal key.

"Above the door," Damon corrected before walking in and locking the door behind them. They looked around with raised eyebrows. Her apartment was very neat. One wall was just a large bookshelf with hundreds of books in them. There was a flat screen and couch with a glass coffee table.

"Well she likes coffee," Luca said while noticing all the coffee beans in the cabinet.

"And alcohol," Damon said while messing around by the bar. "Care for a drink?" he asked while popping open the crystal whiskey bottle. Luca laughed and Damon poured two glasses.

"So are you just going to kill her when she comes in?" Luca asked his boss.

"No. I want to ask her some questions first," he said and sat down in the arm chair. He rested his gun in his lap but quickly held it up when he heard a noise. He looked and saw a grey cat push through a small door on the patio.