43

Rosemary stood outside Bonanno's building looking up at it. She took a deep, shaky breath before walking into the building. She moved quickly and pushed past everyone that was in her way. She knew what floor the infirmary was on and took the stairs. She wouldn't be able to just stand still on the way up. She needed to keep moving. Her shaking hand hovered over the handle for a few seconds before she walked briskly in.

"Ro," Jay said and walked over to her. She took a deep breath and hugged him. His arms went around her and they hugged for a long few seconds. Just happy to see each other alive.

"Where is he?" She asked pulling away and he pointed towards a closed curtain.

"He's stable but he hasn't woken up at all," he said and Rosemary just nodded. She took slow steps as she walked towards the curtain. Her hands could barely pull it back she was shaking so much. She walked in and covered her mouth at the sight. She wondered if this is what he felt when she was in the hospital. She walked forward and sat on the bed facing him.

"Damon," she whispered and put her hand on his cheek. He was cold, so cold. A tear fell from her eye as she looked down at his seemingly lifeless body. "Please wake up," she whispered and leaned down wrapped her arms around him. She pressed a kiss against his forehead before pressing hers against his. "Please."

Looking down at him felt like salt in wounds. It felt like burning, hot pain in her chest. She stood up and looked away from him. She could never have anything good in her life. The universe was just out to get her and make sure she didn't have anything. She heard loud beeping and looked over to him through clouded eyes. Women in some what normal clothes came rushing in.

"What's going on?" Rosemary asked as the pushed past her and started doing things.

"You need to wait out there," the nurse said and Rosemary scowled.

"What's going on!?" She yelled and felt someone grab her elbow.

"Ro, come on," Jay said quietly. She took deep breaths and looked as the women started doing CPR. Rosemary gasped and turned to Jay. He walked them out of the area and towards his. They sat down and he held Rosemary to his side. "It'll be okay," he tried to assure her.

"He's strong," Rosemary said and leaned her head against Jays shoulder. He gripped her hand and she held his tightly.

"It'll be okay," he assured her and rubbed her shoulder. They heard loud voices yelling clear from the other room and Rosemary basically broke down. She let go of Jay and held her face in her hands. Jay rubbed her back but was feeling the same as her. When they didn't hear anymore voices she ran towards and slammed the curtain open.

"He's okay for now," one of them said and they walked out. Rosemary rushed over to him and sat in the chair by his bed. She grabbed his large hand in both of hers.

"Don't do that again," she muttered and rested her forehead against his hand. She couldn't deal with his heart stopping again. Jay looked down at her with sad eyes. He had to deal with people he cared about dying before. He didn't know if she had but he knew it was tearing her apart. He dragged a chair over and sat next to her. They sat there staring at Damon's limp body. They didn't talk, but Jay kept a hand on Rosemary's knee for comfort. They were both in pain but right now they had each other.

"When was the last time you ate?" Jay asked her a couple hours later.

"I don't know," Rosemary answered honestly. She didn't even think about food while looking at Damon. It wasn't a worry for her.

"You need to eat," he told her and she shook her head, "Then at least just drink some water," he said and handed her the bottle. She took it in her hands and took a small sip from it. She hadn't realized how dehydrated she had been.