10

Rosemary was in her closet trying to figure out what to wear. She decided she needed to dress to impress and be able to attract Alejandro. She settled on high waisted black pants, a lace bra, and black blazer. She paired it with black heels and simple makeup.

She missed her wigs a lot. She liked playing the alter egos and it was better to hide her identity. At least with this she wouldn't have to go out too much. She just left her hair natural and walked towards the living room. She was going to miss this place. She heard the elevator ding and turned around.

"Nice outfit," Vince said walking in. "Ready?"

"Money," she said and he tossed the bag in front of her. She opened it up and looked at the cash.

"Ready now?"

"Yup," she said and walked past him into the elevator. He smirked watching her go before following her.

"So why have you been staying here?" He asked her and she raised an eyebrow.

"Hit gone wrong, very very wrong," she said shaking her head with wide eyes making him laugh.

"Care to share?" He asked and she chuckled leaning against the wall.

"I thought I killed him and I didn't. He tracked me down and we ended up in a car chase and I got away. He tracked me down again and came to my house to deceive me because another gang was trying to kill me. I killed that guy but then he captured me. I escaped and he chased me through the woods. I called in a favor, now I'm here," she explained talking really quickly.

"Sounds, uh, fun. Is that the marks on your wrists?" He asked and she looked down to see the faint marks left on them.

"I had to fight with one hand cuffed," she told him and he nodded. He felt a bit of pity for the girl. He didn't know much of her story but he knew she's been through a lot. He's heard the stories about her. She's powerful and lethal.

"Are you hungry?" He asked her when they got off the elevator.

"No, I already ate," she told him and he nodded while stuffing his hands in his pockets. They got into the back of an SUV and she looked at the window. "Where are we going?"

"My building in Manhattan. It's on the water," he said giving her a smile that she returned. She liked being near the water. It's why she lived in California. "You like Manhattan?"

"I like water," she told him and he nodded. The rest of the ride there wasn't much talk between the two but it was a comfortable silence. When she got there she got out of the car and looked up at the black building.

"Come on," Vince said wrapping an arm around her shoulders. They walked in looking like a power couple. They got in the silver elevator and went up to the top floor. Inside was Vince's penthouse they would be sharing.